Learn about Stroke
- One in every six deaths from cardiovascular disease is due to stroke
- Someone in the U.S. has a stroke every 40 seconds
- Each year, more than 795,000 people in the USA have a stroke
- Nearly one in every four strokes occur in people with a prior history of stroke
- Stroke risk increases with age but can occur at any age
- In 2009, 34% of hospitalized stroke patients were less than 65 years old
Know the Signs of Stroke
By knowing the signs and symptoms of stroke, you can take quick action and perhaps save a life – maybe even your own.
- B – Balance: Loss of balance, ataxia
- E – Eyes: Loss of vision or double vision
- F – Face: Facial droop
- A – Arm: Arm weakness / numbness (and leg!)
- S – Speech: Slurring, wrong words, no words
- T – Time: call 911!
Download our stroke education brochure for full details about stroke: