International Cardiology Services at Mount Sinai
Mount Sinai Heart is an internationally-renowned treatment center providing comprehensive care for a range of challenging cardiac conditions. Each year patients from around the world travel to New York’s Mount Sinai for the most advanced in cardiology care, provided by our multidisciplinary team of top heart surgeons, cardiologists, nurses, and researchers.
Providing Advanced Cardiac Treatments
While Mount Sinai Heart delivers broad excellence in cardiac care, we are especially known for groundbreaking work in interventions and new techniques in the following areas:
- Mitral valve repair surgery
- Aortic valve repair and the Ross Procedure
- Coronary artery disease
- Ablation of heart rhythm abnormalities, including atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia
- Heart transplantation for patients with heart failure
- Ventricular assist device placement for patients with heart failure
- Heart imaging technologies including cardiac MRI and CT
- Interventional cardiology procedures, including percutaneous treatment of aortic valve disease (TAVI/TAVR)
- Pediatric/congenital heart conditions
We are also home to the best and busiest Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory in the United States, with the highest safety rating among New York State institutions performing percutaneous coronary interventions.
Catering to Our International Clientele
Mount Sinai Heart strives to provide the most convenient and comfortable experience possible for our international patients. We schedule all pre-treatment testing and procedures in a timely fashion to ensure the smoothest transition into our care. In addition, our hospitality services include premium patient rooms, translation services, and a concierge staff that helps patients and their families with travel logistics, hotel accommodations, and other needs.
While most of our current international clientele hails from Spain, Mexico, and India seeking procedures including complex coronary interventions, atrial fibrillation ablation, bypass surgery, and mitral valve repair, we welcome patients from any location looking for top heart surgeons.
Mount Sinai Heart’s goal for international patients is to provide top-class, seamless service for complex cardiac cases, resulting in the best possible outcomes and most successful overall patient experience.