If you or a loved one need inpatient hospitalization, our teams of doctors, nurses, counselors, therapists, social workers, and other staff are here to help you recover quickly and safely in a warm, dignified environment. Our inpatient services will be able to help you whether you are experiencing new or worsening severe symptoms of depression, schizophrenia, or bipolar disorder, or if you need detoxification from substances and want to begin or re-start your recovery journey with inpatient rehabilitation. You will work with psychiatrists, physician assistants, social workers, therapists, counselors, nurses, and other clinical staff to create an individualized plan for treatment and recovery from acute and severe symptoms of illness.
We offer inpatient psychiatric hospitalization, inpatient detoxification from substances, and inpatient rehabilitation from substances. Each program provides a set of core services that focus on your specific illness and symptoms, with additional services depending on your primary clinical needs.
- Comprehensive Evaluation: Each patient on admission will receive a comprehensive evaluation followed by daily assessments to determine an appropriate treatment plan, led by an attending physician specializing in the acute care of patients with mental illness or substance use.
- Medication-Based Treatment: Your attending physician and team will determine if you need medication to help you recover. If you need detoxification from substances, the team will start you on an appropriate medical detoxification medication regimen.
- Individual Therapy/Counseling: Daily visits with doctors, nurses, social workers, counselors, and other clinical staff provide each hospitalized patient with ongoing counseling and therapy.
- Group Therapy: Experienced and talented group therapists lead a wide variety of daily group therapeutic activities. If you are in our inpatient addictions rehabilitation program, group therapy is the backbone of the program.
- Additional Therapies: Specialized therapies for groups and individuals include art and music therapies; substance abuse counseling; and spiritual/pastoral counseling.
- Physical Health Needs: We will also be able to take care of active and acute medical issues you may have during your stay. Our team of internal medicine physicians and physician assistants will ensure that all of your immediate health needs are addressed, not just those related to mental health or substance use.
- After Care Planning: Our team will work closely with you, your loved ones, and your providers in the community to develop a safe transition back to the community after your hospitalization. Your post-discharge plan may include many of the intensive and outpatient services available in the Mount Sinai Behavioral Health Center