Urology Telemedicine Appointments
Mount Sinai’s Department of Urology offers telemedicine/video appointments to maximize the patient experience and efficiency. We recognize during this heightened alert about COVID-19, that this convenient service is extremely helpful by reducing your potential risk of exposure. Used primarily for selected new and follow-up care, these appointments may be made for certain visit types and physicians in urology.
We would like to offer all new patients the same courtesy and convenience. However, we appreciate your understanding that many urologic conditions require a physical examination in the office. Follow-up visits typically do not require in-office technology and are shorter consultations than initial visits. Hence, telemedicine is an effective channel to receive quality follow-up care without the hassle of commuting for your appointment. Our patients enjoy the various benefits of real-time video visits, which can include prescribing medications if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions about Telemedicine
Which urologists participate in telehealth appointments?
Below is a list of our participating urologists that offer telmedicine appointments.
- Dr. Ash Tewari, Prostate Cancer, Robotic Surgery
- Dr. Ketan K. Badani, Kidney Cancer, Robotic Surgery
- Dr. Peter Wiklund, Bladder Cancer, Robotic Surgery
- Dr. Caner Dinlenc, Urologic Oncology, Kidney Stones, Robotic Surgery
- Dr. Erik Goluboff, Urologic Oncology
- Dr. Reza Mehrazin, Urologic Oncology, Robotic Surgery
- Dr. Craig F. Nobert, Urologic Oncology, General Urology
- Dr. Michael A. Palese, Urologic Oncology, Endourology, Robotic Surgery
- Dr. John Sfakianos, Urologic Oncology
Endourology and Kidney Stone
- Dr. Mantu Gupta, Endourology and Stone Disease
- Dr. William Atallah, Endourology and Stone Disease, General Urology
- Dr. Steven A. Kaplan, Men’s Health, Benign Prostate Disease
Integrative Urology/Holistic Medicine
- Jillian Capodice, Nutrition, Wellness
- Dr. Norman Coleburn, General Urology
- Dr. Aaron Grotas, General Urology
- Dr. Gerald P. Hoke, General Urology
- Dr. Susan Marshall, General Urology
- Dr. Eric J. Moskowitz, General Urology, Robotic Surgery
- Dr. Avinash Reddy, General Urology, Robotic Surgery
- Dr. Cynthia Trop, General Urology
Female and Male Urology/Incontinence
- Dr. Jerry Blaivas, Urogynecology, Voiding Dysfunction, Reconstructive Urology
- Dr. Neil Grafstein, Male and Female Voiding Dysfunction
- Dr. Jay A. Motola, Male and Female Urology
- Dr. Sovrin M. Shah, Female Urology
- Dr. Vannita Simma-Chiang, Female Urology, General Urology
Reconstructive and Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Dr. Miroslav L. Djordjevic, Reconstructive and Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Dr. Rajveer Purohit, Reconstructive and Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Dr. Barbara Chubak, Voiding and Sexual Dysfunction, General Urology
- Dr. Doron Stember, Erectile Dysfunction, Male Infertility, Andrology
- Dr. Robert Valenzuela, Prosthetic Urology, Erectile Dysfunction
- Darren Deoraj, Administrative/IT liaison 646-630-1202
What types of appointments can take place with urologists via video visits?
As noted above, we predominantly use this delivery care method for follow-up visits that entail viewing a healing wound or discussing remaining symptoms, postoperative discomfort, quality of life questions (i.e. when to return to exercise or work routines) and medications.
How do I book a telemedicine appointment?
Please contact your provider’s office via Mount Sinai MyChart or telephone to schedule your appointment. Once you’ve scheduled a video conference, you can use the Mount Sinai MyChart App, on any iOS and Android phones or a tablet, to participate in the conference. A guide to using MyChart App can be found here.
You can also call us at 212-241-4812 to book same day appointments.
Is my healthcare information safe while participating in this online visit?
Mount Sinai employs encrypted, HIPAA-compliant technology to connect you to our doctors. No one is present in the room with the doctor or listening on the line; you can confidently discuss your health in an environment of secure privacy.
Is there a copay for a telemedicine visit?
Yes, there is a copay for appointments not related to COVID-19.