The Annual Douglas West Memorial Lecture
The Annual Douglas West Memorial Lecture was endowed by Susie West in memory of her late husband, and in honor of Diane Meier, MD, who cared for him in his final years. The lecture series began in 1997 and has occurred every spring since. Previous speakers have included notable health care professionals such as Dr. Christine Cassel, Dame Cecily Saunders and Dr. Siddhartha Mukherjee, and authors and journalists such as Anna Quindlen, Gail Sheehy and Amy Berman.
For more information on Susan West and the Douglas West Endowed Memorial Lecture, please visit the links below.
- Susie West: An Extraordinary Contribution
- Lucy Kalanithi, MD: When Breath Become Air [Video]
- R. Sean Morrison, MD: How Palliative Care is Transforming American Medicine [Video]
- Atul Gawande, MD, MPH - 2015 West Lecture [Video]
- Amy Berman: Living Well with Terminal Breast Cancer
- Amy Berman, BS, RN - 2013 West Lecture [Video]
- Previous West Lecturers [PDF]