Welcome to the Mount Sinai Physiolab
The Mount Sinai Physiolab provides individual health and wellness recommendations through data-driven, evidence-based fitness, metabolic, nutrition, and body composition assessments.
With our state-of-the-art equipment, such as the BodPod, Metabolic Cart, and Metabolic Chamber, as well as our uniquely designed protocols, we can evaluate your innate physiology and metabolic function, and provide a comprehensive report, customized to help you better understand your metabolic needs. Paired with personalized programming and hands-on counseling, education and follow-ups, the Mount Sinai Physiolab offers a strategic approach to help you achieve your health and wellness goals.
Before you schedule an appointment, please note the following precautions in place due to the current COVID-19 climate.
- All Physiolab clients must provide proof of a negative negative COVID-19 nasal swab (PCR) test three to five days before their scheduled appointment. This means that the COVID-19 test can be scheduled no more than five days before their appointment. The test does not have to be done at Mount Sinai. As soon as results are received, they should be sent to email@example.com.
- The day before your scheduled appointment, a member of the Physiolab staff will send you a COVID-19 screening link. This should take no more than five minutes, and must be completed the day before your appointment. The link will also include a space to upload your negative COVID-19 viral test results.
- When you arrive at the hospital, there will be a final COVID-19 screening process conducted by the Mount Sinai front desk staff. All clients, including children under 18, MUST bring a photo ID for this screening. You will be asked a few questions, have your temperature taken, and given a medical-grade face mask that must be worn for the entirety of your time at the facility.
- Clients must wait in the lobby to be escorted to the Physiolab by a member of the Physiolab staff. In your appointment confirmation e-mail, you will receive instructions on how to contact the staff once you arrive. Please note that only one client will be allowed up to the Physiolab at a time. For children under 18, one parent may accompany their child.
- For BodPod Body Composition Assessments: Clients must bring their own spandex/bathing suit/tight-fitted clothing (avoid cotton clothing). We do have single-use, disposable swim caps available, but cannot provide clothing at this time.
- For Metabolic Chamber inquiries: The metabolic chambers are not available for use at this time due to COVID. However, the Metabolic Cart is available for metabolism tests.