Shawn Anthony, MD, MBA, is an Assistant Professor of Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Dr. Anthony completed his orthopedic surgery training at the Harvard Orthopedic Residency Program and his fellowship training in Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. He has worked with the New York Knicks Basketball team and the New York Red Bulls Soccer teams, as well as New York Public School Athletic League high school football. Dr. Anthony currently serves as an orthopedic consultant to the USTA, and he is a player-physician for the U.S. Open Tennis Championships. Dr. Anthony holds multiple U.S. patents on advanced orthopedic technologies.
Alexis Chiang Colvin, MD, serves as the Chief Medical Officer for the USTA and is the team physician for the U.S. Fed Cup team. She has extensive experience treating collegiate, Olympic, and professional athletes. Dr. Colvin is an Associate Professor of Sports Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in the Leni and Peter W. May Department of Orthopedic Surgery. She is a specialist in the treatment of sports-related injuries of the knee, shoulder, and hip. She has served as a physician at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
James Gladstone, MD, is Co-Chief of the Sports Medicine Service and Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. He is a leading expert in the treatment of sports injuries, in particular those of the knee and shoulder. Dr. Gladstone currently serves as the Medical Advisor to the U.S. Davis Cup and U.S. Open tennis team, and he is orthopedic consultant to the U.S. Open tennis tournament and National Football League officials. He is also the team physician for a college and public high school football teams in the New York City metropolitan area. Dr. Gladstone leads lectures and teaches orthopedic surgeons, and he is widely published.
Melissa Leber, MD, is an Assistant Professor of Sports Medicine and an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. She is also the Director of Emergency Department Sports Medicine at Mount Sinai. Dr. Leber has worked with the Pittsburgh Pirates and USA Rugby and is now a tournament physician for World Rugby. Dr. Leber serves as an airway management physician and visiting team physician for the New York Jets, and she is also the team physician for the Horace Mann School a finish-line physician for the TCS New York City Marathon and Half Marathon. Dr. Leber is a player-physician for the US Open.
Along with Drs. Colvin, Gladstone, Anthony, and Leber, Mount Sinai's physician team supporting the USTA includes:
- Leesa Galatz, MD, System Chair of the Department of Orthopedics, Mount Sinai Health System, Shoulder and Elbow Reconstructive Surgery
- Michael Hausman, MD, Dr. Robert K. Lippman Professor and Chief, Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery for the Mount Sinai Health System
- Andrew C. Hecht, MD, Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery and Neurosurgery, Chief of Spine Surgery for the Mount Sinai Health System, Director of the Spine Center at the Mount Sinai Hospital
- Steven Weinfeld, MD, Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery and Chief of Foot and Ankle Surgery at the Mount Sinai Hospital
Mount Sinai works with ProHEALTH Care Associates, one of the largest integrated physician group practices in the New York City metropolitan area, which has provided medical services at the US Open since 1997. The ProHEALTH team is led by Senior Advisor Elliot Pellman, MD, the co-founder and Medical Director of ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Clinical Professor of Medicine, Rheumatology, and Orthopaedics at Mount Sinai. Additional consultants include:
- Brian Daniels, MD, is Director of Player Medical Services for the US Open and Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedics at the Icahn School of Medicine.
- Brian Neri, MD, is Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and head team orthopedist for the New York Islanders and orthopedics consultant to Hofstra University.