Disparities and Data Analytics
To identify disparities in order to improve quality and health outcomes for the MSHS community through collaborative and strategic partnerships.
- Improve collection of patient demographic data for race/ethnicity, sexual orientation/gender identity (SOGI), and language.
- Provide ongoing education and training to system administrative leaders and staff on best methodologies to collect these demographic data.
- Enhance patient demographic data integrity through ongoing monitoring and review with responsible administrative leaders and staff.
- Collaborate with enterprise reporting teams to develop a system-wide dashboard as a single source of truth.
- Ensure that race/ethnicity, SOGI, and language data are routine measures of patient outcomes and patient experience; in addition to social determinants of health (SDOH) data.
- Deliver high-quality and uniform data to clinical leadership and researchers to support research initiatives.
- Assist in the identification of trends in marginalized groups to set forth appropriate and effective interventions.