Site Diversity Councils
Site diversity councils use diversity as a tool to help cultivate a culturally aware and supportive environment in which faculty and staff understand how to appreciate differences and use that knowledge to achieve the Mount Sinai Health System’s mission of providing an exceptional patient experience and eliminating health disparities.
- Site diversity councils allow employees to engage in the following activities
- Present recommendations to leadership to address site-specific, diversity-related challenges while supporting the strategic goals of the organization.
- Facilitate effective communication between staff and promote an inclusive work environment through educational and cultural events and initiatives.
- Create opportunities for:
- Recruiting and retaining diverse talent.
- Eliminating communication and language barriers that contribute to healthcare disparities.
- Educating and building awareness around various dimensions of diversity including age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, etc.
Join your Site Diversity Council
All employees are invited and encouraged to join their site diversity council and/or participate in council activities and events. Each council meets monthly; view the list below to learn how you may become involved. Additionally, check the ODI calendar regularly for meeting dates, times, and locations.
Corporate Services Center (150 E. 42nd Street)
Contact: Sandra Craig
Monthly Meeting: First Tuesday at 11 am
Mount Sinai Beth Israel
Mount Sinai Brooklyn
Contact: Marisa Ognibene
Monthly Meeting: To be determined
The Mount Sinai Hospital
Mount Sinai Queens
Contact: Ana Rodriguez
Monthly Meeting: Last Friday at 12 or 1 pm
Mount Sinai St. Luke’s
Contact: Natalia Cineas
Monthly Meeting: First Tuesday at 2 pm
Mount Sinai West
Contact: Monica Thompson
Monthly Meeting: Third Thursday at 10 or 11 am