Center for Spirituality and Health
The Center for Spirituality and Health at Mount Sinai's Icahn School of Medicine is dedicated to providing compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advancing spiritual care through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
We recognize and support the role region, spirituality, and culture may hold in your life. Chaplains are specialists in this area of care and welcome all faiths, cultures, and beliefs.
Spiritual Care may include:
- Supporting you in exploring your feelings and emotions
- Leading guided meditations or breathing exercises
- Actively listening to your thoughts and questions
- Providing a compassionate and caring presence
- Helping you identify and live into your values
- Creating rituals to honor milestones
- Supporting your religious needs
- Offering prayers or blessings
As spiritual care providers, chaplains provide spiritual, religious, and emotional support to people of all beliefs.