CARES Emergency Relief Funding
The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act is providing emergency grants to students whose lives have been disrupted and are experiencing financial challenges related to COVID-19. The amount of federal aid that PSON received was based on the school’s enrollment number.
Eligible expenses may include food, housing, health care, child care, and funeral costs for immediate family members.
- Funds are limited.
- Requests must be related to expenses resulting from COVID-19 and appropriate documentation is required.
- These funds do not need to be repaid and are not subject to tax.
- The funds are not intended to provide ongoing relief for recurring expenses.
Due to grant funds being limited, we encourage students to submit the application as early as possible. Emergency grants will be disbursed to eligible students on a first-come, first-serve basis. All applications will be individually reviewed by a special Committee for approval. The CARES Application and a list of Frequently Asked Questions can be found on the school’s Moodle platform.
CARES EMERGENCY RELIEF FUNDING UPDATE #6
Following the US Department of Education guidance, PSON will distribute emergency grants to students who meet basic eligibility criteria for federal financial aid and who have the greatest financial need. Activities to date include:
- PSON has signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement, with the assurance that the College will use no less than 50% of the funds to provide students with Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
- PSON’s allocation of the CARES funding to support students is $361,795.
- As of September 30, 2021 the school has allocated $161,551 in emergency grants to students. Direct cash grants are being distributed via check to the student’s address on record.
- PSON has 320 students who are eligible to participate in the program under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
- As of September 30, 2021, 96 students were approved for emergency grants.
- A Special Committee reviews each student’s application individually and determines the grant amount.
- Students must submit the PSON COVID-19/CARES EMERGENCY GRANT APPLICATION (cover form and documentation) to the Assistant Director for Financial Aid. The Application and a list of Frequently Asked Questions are available on Moodle under Student Resources. Eligible expenses may include food, housing, health care, child care, and funeral costs for students and/or immediate family members. The maximum emergency grant per semester is $1,500.
We encourage students to submit the Application and documentation as early as possible. Emergency grants will be disbursed to eligible students on a rolling basis.