Orthopedic Surgery Telemedicine Appointments
Mount Sinai’s Department of Orthopedic Surgery offers telemedicine/video appointments to maximize the patient experience and efficiency. We recognize during this heightened alert about COVID-19, that this convenient service is extremely helpful with reducing your potential risk of exposure. Used for both new and existing patients, these appointments may be made for most visit types and physicians in Orthopedic Surgery.
We appreciate your understanding that some conditions require a physical examination in the office. However, we are encouraging telemedicine visits to start the conversation about patients’ symptoms and determine next steps, which can include prescribing medications if needed. Our patients have given us great feedback about their experience and enjoy the various benefits of real-time video visits.
If you would like to request a telemedicine visit, please email Orthopedics@mountsinai.org, request an appointment through MyChart or call your physician’s office and speak to one of our staff members who can assist you. For phone numbers and locations, visit Orthopedics Locations and Contact Information.
Frequently Asked Questions about Telemedicine
Which orthopedic surgery physicians participate in telemedicine appointments?
The following physicians in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery participate in this telemedicine service:
- Dr. Leesa Galatz, Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
- Dr. Edward Adler, Joint Replacement Surgery of the Hip & Knee
- Dr. Abigail Allen, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Dr. Shawn Anthony, Sports Medicine
- Dr. Steven Arsht, Sports Medicine
- Dr. Joseph Bax, Interventional Physiatry
- Dr. Wesley Bronson, Spine Surgery
- Dr. Saad Chaudhary, Spine Surgery
- Dr. Darwin Chen, Joint Replacement Surgery of the Hip & Knee
- Dr. Samuel Cho, Spine Surgery
- Dr. Alexis Colvin, Sports Medicine
- Dr. Evan Flatow, Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
- Dr. James Gladstone, Sports Medicine
- Dr. Steven Harwin, Joint Replacement Surgery of the Hip & Knee
- Dr. Michael Hausman, Hand Surgery
- Dr. Andrew Hecht, Spine Surgery
- Dr. Bradley Horak, Hand Surgery
- Dr. Ilya Iofin, Orthopedic Oncology
- Dr. Stuart Kahn, Pain Management, Interventional Physiatry
- Dr. Donald Kastenbaum, Joint Surgery
- Dr. Jaehon Kim, Hand Surgery
- Dr. Kazimierz (Kasey) Komperda, Sports Medicine
- Dr. Melissa Leber, General Orthopedics
- Dr. Alexander Lee, Interventional Physiatry
- Dr. James Lin, Spine Surgery
- Dr. Baron Lonner, Spine Surgery
- Dr. Amir Mahajer, Interventional Physiatry
- Dr. Bryan Markinson, Podiatry
- Dr. Charles Melone, Hand Surgery
- Dr. Ryan Minara, Podiatry
- Dr. Calin Moucha, Joint Replacement Surgery of the Hip & Knee
- Dr. Bradford Parsons, Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
- Dr. David Perna, Interventional Physiatry
- Dr. Jeremy Podolnick, Orthopedic Trauma
- Dr. Sheena Ranade, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Dr. Benjamin Rosenstadt, Hand Surgery
- Dr. Jacob Rozbruch, General Orthopedic Surgery
- Dr. Aruna Seneviratne, Sports Medicine
- Dr. Douglas Unis, Joint Replacement Surgery of the Hip & Knee
- Dr. Robert Ziets, Sports Medicine
What types of orthopedic surgery appointments can take place via video visits?
As noted above, we are using this delivery care method for both new and follow-up visits.
How do I book a telemedicine appointment?
Please contact your provider’s office via Mount Sinai MyChart or telephone to schedule your appointment. On the MyChart page, you will find instructions entailing how to schedule an appointment, how to download and use the app MyChart for your video visit, and what to do in preparation of your video visit. To locate a phone number for a specific office or practice, please visit our orthopedics locations and contact information webpage.
What kind of phone, tablet or computer setup is required?
MyChart telemedicine appointments can be performed using the MyChart app (found in the Google Play store or iTunes) on any Android, iOS phone, or tablet released in the last few years.
How can I arrange a telemedicine appointment for my child?
Please contact us at Orthopedics@mountsinai.org and our staff will grant parents or guardians a proxy account so they can act on behalf of a child. Please create a MyChart account for your child upon receiving an activation code from our staff.
Is my health care information safe while participating in this online visit?
Mount Sinai employs encrypted, HIPAA-compliant technology to connect you to our doctors. No one is present in the room with the doctor or listening on the line; you can confidently discuss your health in an environment of secure privacy.
Is there a copay for a telemedicine visit?
Yes, there is a copay for appointments not related to COVID-19. If you are seeking a telemedicine consult for cold and flu symptoms, you may also schedule an appointment with Mount Sinai’s Video Urgent Care.