Joint Replacement Center
The Mount Sinai Joint Replacement Center is nationally recognized for excellence in orthopedic care. Our joint surgeons are leaders in the field for clinical research and the development of new, innovative techniques. As a world-renowned academic medical center, Mount Sinai’s culture fosters innovation and research, leading to superior patient outcomes. Our joint replacement care team meets patients where they are, to build an evidence-based, individualized plan of care.
Our joint replacement physicians are leaders in the field – not only for surgery, but also for education and research. We are currently researching the following topics:
- New minimally invasive surgeries for hip and knee replacement
- Strategically managing pain after joint replacement
- “Fast track” rehabilitation for highly active patients
- Improving and accelerating recovery with nerve blocks and regional anesthesia
- Advanced reconstructive techniques for complex and revision procedures
- Preventing infections and other complications
- New hip and knee implants and their effect on patient outcomes
- Minimizing the need for blood transfusions after joint replacement
Why Mount Sinai
Mount Sinai is dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our patients.
- Our board certified, fellowship-trained physicians have years of experience with common and complex problems.
- Provide surgical and non-surgical treatment options.
- The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked 8th nationally for Orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report for 2022-2023.
- Received Advanced Certification in Total Hip and Knee Replacement from the Joint Commission.
- Served as the official medical service provider for the U.S. Open for seven consecutive years.
- Hand-selected by the National Football League (NFL) to provide retired players with joint replacement surgery.