The Mount Sinai Joint Replacement Center provides patients with the highest quality of comprehensive joint care and exceptional patient service. Our elite, specialized team of hip and knee specialists provides clinical consultations that include comprehensive clinical evaluations, radiological analysis, and patient-specific treatment planning. Whether you require surgical or nonsurgical treatment, we offer the highest caliber of joint replacement care using the most up to date and proven modalities to improve your function and mobility.
Why Mount Sinai?
- Our joint physicians are experienced, board-certified, fellowship-trained joint surgeons highly capable of caring for patients with handling the most complex hip and knee replacement cases.
- We provide state-of-the-art care for all conditions of the hip and knee at locations throughout New York City, Westchester, Long Island and New Jersey.
- Our multidisciplinary approach to treatment provides patients with comprehensive care and patient-centric plans curated for effective and optimal outcomes.
- Mount Sinai has been awarded an Advanced Certification in Total Hip and Knee Replacement surgery from The Joint Commission.
- When patients do not need require surgical intervention, our surgeons work closely with physiatrists and therapists to come up with optimal treatment plans.
Our physicians are skilled in the most current hip and knee surgical technologies. It’s not surprising that Mount Sinai is one of only two New York City hospitals—and just 14 across the country— selected by the National Football League (NFL) and the NFL Players Association to assist eligible retired players in need of joint replacement surgery.
The center also features the progressive Samuel and Ethel LeFrak Center for Patient Education which is distinct among New York hospitals. Supported by Richard and Karen LeFrak in honor of their parents, the multimedia center has HDTV monitors for video presentations on joint replacement and other surgical and postsurgical information. Computer banks are queued with dynamic and visually striking programs on knee and hip education, safety, and rehabilitation.
Our joint replacement specialists are also innovators, educators, and researchers that are constantly working to improve all facets of patient care. The treatment options we provide reflect our ongoing clinical research studies into diagnosis and treatment of hip and knee conditions. We research a variety of topics including:
- Managing pain after joint replacement
- Preventing infections and other complications
- Minimizing the need for blood transfusions after joint replacement
- Surgical techniques for hip and knee replacement
- Advanced reconstructive techniques for complex and revision arthroplasty procedures
- Accelerating rehabilitation for highly active patients
- Outcomes research on innovative hip and knee implants
- Nerve blocks and regional anesthesia for joint replacement to minimize postoperative pain and accelerate recovery