Hand, Wrist, and Elbow Care
Our doctors listen to you, answer your questions, conduct a thorough examination to diagnose your condition, and discuss treatment options with you. Our goal is to improve your quality of life, whether you have a finger fracture or tennis elbow.
We specialize in problems of the hand, wrist, and elbow including:
- Congenital conditions
- Peripheral nerve compression
- Fractures and dislocations
- Repair and reconstruction of the forearm caused by sports injuries and trauma
- DeQuervain’s tendonitis (tendonitis at the base of the thumb)
- Dupuytren’s disease (tightening of hand tissue in the palm and fingers)
- Extensor and flexor tendon injuries (injuries to tissue that connects bone to the muscle)
- Ganglion cysts (lumps that form in the hand and wrist)
- Skier’s thumb (sprained thumb)
- Tendonitis (inflammation of the tendons that connect muscle to bone)
- Trigger finger (strain injury of one finger or thumb)
Our hand specialists are expert at performing surgical procedures and using medical treatments as appropriate for patients suffering with extreme symptoms of the following conditions:
- Scleroderma is an autoimmune disease that affects the body's elastic tissues, causing abnormal tightening of the skin, muscles, and blood vessels. We treat this condition with medication.
- Arthritis is deformity and pain caused by rheumatoid lupus and osteoarthritis, which we can relieve with non-surgical medical care and surgical interventions.
- Traumas, such as bone fractures; wrist dislocations; cut blood vessels, nerves and tendons; and major injuries from accidents are treated with microsurgery and other state-of-the-art techniques.
- Birth defects include a wide range of congenital anomalies such as missing or attached digits and abnormal tendons; we correct these surgically.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome is nerve compression at the base of the palm that causes repetitive motion injury, which can lead to pain, numbness, and tingling in your thumb and/or fingers. We address this surgically if supports and other therapies do not work.