Biologics Treatment Center Program
The Biologics Treatment Center (BTC) Program is a service that offers personalized, one-on-one support to address your dermatology medication needs. In convenient telehealth visits, our dedicated and knowledgeable team provides education, counseling, and help obtaining insurance coverage and financial assistance for eligible patients.
How will this program help me?
During your BTC virtual appointment, you’ll meet with a provider to go over all of your dermatology medications, including any questions or concerns you may have. You’ll discuss:
- The purpose and importance of each of your dermatology medications
- How to incorporate your medications into your daily routine
- Any side effects associated with your medications
- How to inject medications, if needed
In addition to reviewing your medications, the Biologics Treatment Center team will:
- Work with your doctors and your insurance plan to make sure you have access to the dermatology medications you need
- Help you get your medications from our very own Mount Sinai pharmacies, which can provide home delivery
- Make sure you get your medication refills
- Teach you how to inject medications, if needed
- Provide ongoing support so that you are able to take your medications correctly
- Provide financial assistance for eligible patients
How do I schedule my appointment?
A BTC patient coordinator will call you to schedule your appointment.
How should I prepare for my appointment?
Forms: The Center will email you forms to be completed electronically before your appointment.
Dermatology Medications: Please be prepared with a complete list of your dermatology medications, including any you have taken in the past.
This includes any topical steroids, prescription creams, oral medications, and phototherapy. Write down any questions or concerns you have about these medications. Please share the exact dates and timeframes you were on each medication.
Questions: Some questions you may want to ask:
- When and how should I take each dermatology medication?
- What are the possible side effects? Are there any possible long-term effects?
- Will my insurance cover these medications?
- How often should I check in with my doctors about these medications?
- How can I learn to self-inject?
- When can I expect to receive my medications?
- Can I have my dermatology medications delivered to my home?
Your Physical Location: Please plan ahead for where you will be when logging into your appointment. Make sure the room you are in has a strong internet connection, and that it is quiet and allows you privacy.