Diversity Councils and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
What is a diversity council?
Diversity councils are committees of employees supported and commissioned by executive leadership to champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. Committees exist at Mount Sinai Health System hospitals, the Corporate Services Center, the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and within centers and departments across the Health System.
What is an employee resource group?
Employee resource groups, commonly referred to as ERGs, are groups of employees united by common goals, interests and characteristics. ERGs are system-wide with local chapters at Health System hospitals and the Corporate Services Center.
What is the role of diversity councils and ERGs?
Diversity councils and ERGs are charged to champion a diverse workforce and foster an inclusive work and learning environment across the health system by:
- seeking innovative ways to address the needs of faculty, staff, student, and patient populations to promote belongingness and enhance the patient experience;
- presenting site- or department-specific recommendations for implementation which support the strategic goals of the organization; and
- facilitating effective communication among faculty, staff, and students through educational, cultural, and social activities.
How may I get involved?
To learn more about or to join a specific diversity council or ERG, click on any of the active links below or contact the Office for Diversity and Inclusion at email@example.com. All Mount Sinai Health System faculty and staff are welcome!
For students at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, we encourage you to visit the medical and graduate school student engagement sites to learn how you may get involved in diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Corporate and Hospital Diversity Councils
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Diversity Councils
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- ADAPT (All Differing Abilities Partnering Together)
- Asian Resource Network
- Black Leaders Advocating for Change and Community
- Black Women Leaders Connect
- Faculty of Color Network
- Growth in Operations, Administrations, and Leadership Society (GOALS)
- Heritage of Latino Alliance
- Islamic Community of Mount Sinai
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Group
- Women’s Advocacy Group