At Mount Sinai Doctors Japanese Medical Practice, we provide Corporate Physicals for employees of companies. Our Corporate Physical is an extended, comprehensive physical exam focusing on preventive care, which is typical for Japanese corporates as a part of the corporates’ benefits.
In countries other than Japan, there is no system that can offer comprehensive physical exam (a.k.a. 'human dock') like Japan. In the United States (US) it is a common practice that a certified doctor decides exam items for the patient, which forms substantial difference from Japanese typical physical exam. The procedure and time to be taken as well as cost etc. are also different between the US and Japanese system.
Mount Sinai Doctors Japanese Medical Practice materializes this comprehensive physical exam as Corporate Physical even in the US with special arrangements, so that corporates can grant their employee benefits on a global basis.
Features of Our Corporate Physical
- Instead of scheduling several appointments for a variety of tests, you only have to make a single appointment for Corporate Physical.
- You can select menu items for Corporate Physical in advance
- You receive preparation documents in Japanese by mail.
- You can receive all required tests at the same location.
- Duration of the entire tests is approximately two to four hours (dependent upon the menu).
- Invoicing can be flexible: either for your corporate or self-pay.
- The price is more reasonable (as a special package price).
- The Result Report is made in both Japanese and English and sent to you in two to three weeks.
Menu and Price for Corporate Physical
For a menu and price of the Corporate Physical for our Manhattan Office and Hartsdale Office, please see the Related Links in the bottom-right of this page.
How to Make an Appointment for Your Corporate Physical
Please make an appointment for your Corporate Physical by phone to either office you would like to visit:
- Manhattan Office: (212) 252-6175 or (212) 889-2119
Call during 8:00am - 4:45pm, Monday through Friday
- Hartsdale Office: (914) 997-1200
Call during 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
When you call, please provide the following information:
- Name of your Corporate
- Your date of birth, address, and telephone number
- When you would like to make an appointment (please give us more than one candidate date)
How to Prepare for Your Corporate Physical
The night before your Corporate Physical, you should finish your dinner at least 12 hours before your appointment. For example, if your appointment is at 9:00 am, you need to finish dinner by 9:00 pm. You may only drink water after your last meal. However, if you are going to have an upper gastrointestinal series or abdominal sonogram, do not eat, drink, smoke or chew anything 12 hours before your appointment. Please inform us if you are taking any medication or if you are on a diabetic diet.
What You Need to Bring to the Exam
- Ambulatory patient self-assessment (for new patients only)
- Insurance/patient registration form (for new patients or changing address etc.)
- Japanese Corporate Physical exam waiver of liability
- Hemoccult Kit
- Contact lens case or prescribed glasses
- Insurance card (for claiming any additional test to insurance)
- Immunization record (for patients under the age of 21 only)
- Previous physical exam lab results (if you had it with us, you do not have to bring it)
- ID with picture (Driver’s license or Passport)
For Female Patients
If you have your period on the day of your Corporate Physical, you will not be able to have the urine test, hemoccult and Pap smear test. To complete these tests, please schedule an appointment a week after your period finished. If you want to reschedule the entire Corporate Physical, please call us.
If you are pregnant or suspect that you are about to be pregnant, X-ray tests (chest or upper gastrointestinal series) cannot be completed. Please let us know when you schedule an appointment.
If you are coming for a mammogram, please do not use underarm deodorant.