If you suspect that you may have COVID-19 and may have been exposed in the workplace, please make a telehealth appointment for an evaluation by one of our medical providers who specialize in diagnosing and managing work-related illnesses. Employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to pay benefits to workers who are made ill or injured due to their employment. Our workers’ compensation coordinators will guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
Work-related injuries and illnesses affect millions of Americans every year. Work conditions can impact your emotional well-being, job safety and security, and social and financial health. At the Selikoff Centers for Occupational Health, we understand the role of the workplace on your health and we are here to help beyond just treatment. We offer resources for workers in English, Spanish, and Polish.
Our services include:
- Confidential medical exams to assess if a health problem is work related
- Diagnosis and treatment of work-related medical conditions
- Assistance with workers’ compensation and other benefits: Our workers’ compensation coordinators will provide you dedicated support services, helping you navigate the workers’ compensation system. Our social workers can provide external referrals to resources for non-workers’ compensation concerns and issues
- Injury prevention and ergonomics education: Meet with our ergonomist to learn how to prevent physical discomfort, discuss improvements in the workplace, and change personal work habits
- Screenings for exposure to work-related hazards, such as asbestos, lead, silica, and other toxic substances
- Social work services, including one-on-one counseling and monthly support groups
- Hearing conservation programs
- Pre-placement and fit-for-duty evaluations
- Return-to-work assessments
- World Trade Center Health Program services for 9/11 workers and volunteers
- Coordination of care with specialists involved in your treatment
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 888-702-0630.
Workers’ Compensation Assistance
Our workers’ compensation coordinators assist patients to file New York State workers’ compensation claims and understand their rights and responsibilities under the law. Most workers in New York are covered by the Workers’ Compensation Law. The law provides benefits for lost wages and medical treatment if you are injured while working, or if you become sick as a result of your job.