Preparing for Childbirth
Due to concerns about community spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the New York metropolitan area, all childbirth classes and maternity tours at Mount Sinai have been suspended until further notice.
Safety is our highest priority. We are consistently monitoring the COVID-19 situation, and the suspension will be reevaluated in the coming weeks. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. In the meantime, we are offering a new e-learning course option. To register for the InJoy Health Education course, click here. For further information, please contact Michele Reinbach, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for childbirth classes at The Mount Sinai Hospital - Upper East Side location. View the OB Services Maternity tour at The Mount Sinai Hospital. Maternity tours are included in the curriculum of our childbirth classes. For further assistance for delivering your baby at The Mount Sinai Hospital, please contact Michele Reinbach at 646-531-8612 or email@example.com.
Register for childbirth classes at Mount Sinai West. For further assistance regarding Childbirth Education at Mount Sinai West, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Childbirth Education courses address your questions relating to pregnancy, labor and delivery, and child care for your newborn. Some of the additional topics we discuss include:
- Cesarean birth
- Premature birth
- Breathing and relaxation techniques for maintaining control during labor and delivery
- Analgesia and anesthesia medications used during birth
- Maternity facilities
- Audio/visual aids to allow for a calm birthing process
General Class Information
- The mother-to-be should be accompanied by the individual who will be her support person during labor and delivery.
- Both mother-to-be and support person should attend all classes. Please wear comfortable clothes to class.
- All childbirth classes are taught by certified Childbirth Educators and Lactation Consultants.
Prior to giving birth, you will need to fill out documents to make your registration as seamless as possible. We do all pre-admission prior to your delivery.
Depending on where you give birth, you will need to fill out certain documents: