Protecting Yourself from Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The steps to protect yourself from coronavirus (COVID-19) are generally the same as those for the flu:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others. You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick