After Your Visit
At the Mount Sinai Medicine Faculty Practice, we value patient feedback. A sample of patients is selected to receive a patient satisfaction survey in the mail. If you receive one, we would appreciate your taking the time to complete it.
If you need to speak with your physician between visits, please allow up to 24 hours for your non-urgent calls to be returned. Your physician’s medical secretary can help you with prescription refills. Please allow one complete business day for us to contact your pharmacy. If you need a referral or an authorization for procedure, please allow three complete business days for this to be processed. If you have a form that needs to be completed by your physician, please allow two weeks for this to be processed.
Follow Up and Future Appointments
Please try to schedule all routine appointments as far in advance as possible. If your physician of choice does not have an appointment convenient to your schedule, our schedulers may suggest their professional colleague. As members of a group practice all of our providers collaborate and communicate frequently to ensure continuity of care across the practice.
Please sign up for EPIC MyChart at the time of your visit and contact us electronically whenever you require a refill. If you prefer not to sign up for EPIC MyChart, you can call our office, or send an e-mail to: email@example.com, and your prescription will be refilled by our nurse practitioner or a covering physician. Please allow for up to two business days in order to process your refill request. We do not prescribe controlled substances, sleeping aides or psychotropic medications through this process.
In order to ensure prompt processing, please make sure that you have submitted the following information, which should be available from the label of your current prescription:
- Last name, First Name, Middle Initial
- Date of Birth
- Name of Medication
- Strength of Medication (e.g. how many mg per pill)
- How often you take the medication per day
- Quantity and refills (e.g. 90 pills, 3 refills)
- If you are using insulin, please tell us how many units you use per day and how many vials or pens are required over a span of 3 months
- If you would like us to call in the medication, please provide the pharmacy's phone number
- If you would like your prescription to be sent to your home, please provide your current address
Please allow up to 1 additional week for US postal service to deliver your mail.
- If you would like us to fax your prescription to a mail-order company, please provide:
- Name of the company
- Your customer number for that company
If you have not been seen in our practice in the past year, please call the office directly at 212-241-7975 to schedule an appointment.
If you have any questions when you receive your bill, please contact our billing office at 212-987-3100 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond within 24 hours.
If you have any concerns regarding any aspect of your visit, please call and ask to speak with the practice manager.
Mount Sinai Diabetes Center
5 East 98th Street, 3rd floor
New York, NY 10029