Conditions and Treatments
The Mount Sinai West Department of Dermatology is now offering telemedicine video appointments to maximize patient safety and efficiency during the COVID-19 crisis. Learn more.
The Skin of Color Center™ is dedicated to providing individualized skin care to people of color. We treat a variety of conditions and offer treatment options that take into account your skin type and grooming practices. We can also advise you on the effective use of many skin and hair care products and cosmetics.
The variety of conditions including our treatment services include:
- Cosmetic Procedures (individualized for skin type) – chemical peels, Botox™, Juvederm™, Fraxel™ laser, Clear+Brilliant™ Laser, Genesis™ Photofacial
- Discoid Lupus – topical and oral medications, in-office injections
- Dry or “Ashy” Skin – dermatologist recommended skin care
- Flesh Moles – non-surgical in-office removal (by electrodessication or laser)
- Itchy or Flaky Scalp – topical prescription solutions and shampoos; individualized hair care regimens
- Razor Bumps – Nd:YAG laser hair removal, chemical peels, skin care regimens
- Scars and Keloids – injections, topical gels, laser resurfacing
- Traction Alopecia and Central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia (CCCA) – topical and oral medications, in-office injections, dermatologist recommended hair care regimens
- Uneven Skin Tone (e.g. hyperpigmentation, melasma, hypopigmentation) – dermatologist recommended skin care, chemical peels, lasers including Clear+Brilliant™, Fraxel™ and excimer (Extrac™)
- Vitiligo – Excimer laser, phototherapy, topical formulations, clinical trials of emerging therapies