Pancreatic Cancer Early Detection Consortium
Age: 18 - 90 years
Healthy Subjects: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Recruitment Status: Recruiting
Start Date: September 18, 2020
End Date: December 31, 2025
- Individuals from the following groups who present for clinical evaluation and assessment of PDAC risk at any of the participating sites can be offered participation in the PRECEDE database: Cohort 1 Individuals without history of PDAC meeting any of the following criteria:
1. 2+ relatives with PDAC on same side of family where 2 affected are first degree related to each other and at least 1 affected is first degree related to subject; age 50+ or ≤10 years younger than earliest PDAC in family at time of diagnosis.
2. 2 affected first degree relatives with PDAC; age 50+ or 10 years younger than earliest PDAC in family
3. BRCA1, BRCA2, PALB2, ATM, MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, PMS2, EPCAM pathogenic or likely pathogenic variant AND 1 first or second degree relative with PDAC; age 50+ or 10 years younger than earliest PDAC in family
4. Familial Atypical Moles and Malignant Melanoma (FAMMM) with pathogenic or likely pathogenic CDKN2A variant; age 40+
5. Peutz-Jegher syndrome with STK11 pathogenic or likely pathogenic variant; age 35+
6. Hereditary pancreatitis with PRSS1 pathogenic or likely pathogenic variant and history of pancreatitis; age 40+ Cohort 2 Individuals without history of PDAC meeting any of the following criteria:
1. ATM, BRCA1, BRCA2, or PALB2 pathogenic or likely pathogenic variant regardless of family history, age 50+
2. 2+ relatives with PDAC on the same side of family, any degree of relation, not meeting other criteria above; age 50+ or 10 years younger than earliest PDAC in family
3. 1 FDR with PDAC ≤ age 45; age up to 10 years younger than PDAC diagnosis in family member Cohort 3 Individual meeting criteria for Cohorts 1 or 2 EXCEPT age (i.e. too young to qualify for Cohorts 1 or 2) Cohort 4 Individuals without history of PDAC presenting for evaluation who do not meet any criteria above after collection of full family history and/or germline testing Cohort 5 Individuals who are not otherwise engaged in pancreas surveillance at a participating site may be invited to participate in the PRECEDE database and to donate a biosample (e.g. blood, saliva, and/or buccal swab) for discovery studies. This may include relatives of individuals in Cohorts 1-4 and individuals with personal history of PDAC. Cohort 6 Individuals with pancreatic cyst(s), that are ineligible for Cohorts 1-5.
- Individuals not meeting the criteria above.