Connect with a Mount Sinai Doctor from Home
You can connect with a Mount Sinai provider from home through a video visit in MyChart—check with your doctor’s office to see if they offer this capability. A video visit allows you to have a face-to-face visit with your provider for certain illnesses when an in-person visit is not necessary.
If you do not currently have a Mount Sinai provider for routine care, please go to Find-A-Doctor or call 1-800-MD-SINAI to find a provider that fits your needs.
How to sign up for MyChart:
- If you do not have an active account, follow the instructions below to sign up:
- Visit mychart.mountsinai.org
- Click “Sign Up Now” or, if you do not have an activation code, click “Sign Up Online”
- Fill in your information
- Once your identity has been verified, you can create an account
- In addition to video visits, MyChart can be used to:
- View test results
- Request prescription refills
- Send secure messages to your doctor
- Schedule appointments
- Proxy Access
Guardians can contact their pediatrician’s office for proxy access
- Guardians of patients who are 12-17 years old can schedule video visits and do some messaging. They cannot view clinical or appointment information.
- Guardians of patients who are 0-11 years old can have proxy access and see information as if they are the patient.
How to download the MyChart App (required for video visits):
- Go to your App store, search for “MyChart” and download the app with the red folder icon and white heart or use the following link: http://mountsinai.rx.health/mychart
How to schedule a Video Visit:
- Video visits can be scheduled over the phone, by logging into MyChart, or through the MyChart App
- Scheduling instructions:
- Log into the MyChart App and go to Appointments
- Select the green “Schedule an Appointment” button at the bottom of the screen
- Select a reason for visit and the system will automatically determine which providers are appropriate and available
- Select the green “Find Available Times” button
- Select a date and time for your appointment
- Enter any relevant information in the comments section
Before your Video Visit:
- You will receive a text message reminder with instructions on how to get started. Please remember, video visits require the MyChart App.
- The MyChart app gives you the ability to check in before your visit using the eCheckIn function. This allows you to verify demographic information and complete required forms seamlessly from home.
At the time of your Video Visit:
- Log into the App 15-20 minutes prior to your appointment to review your personal information and make sure you can connect
- Open the MyChart App on your smartphone
- Search for “Mount Sinai’ as your healthcare provider network, then select “My Mount Sinai Chart”
- Log into your MyChart account
- Select “Appointments” to get to your scheduled video visit appointment
- Select “eCheck-In” to review the required check-in portion of your visit
- If you have a copay or fee, you will be asked to pay by credit card during the check-in process
- Once you finish checking in, a green camera icon will appear, then click on your appointment
- When ready, click on “Begin Visit” to connect
- If the provider has already joined, you will automatically connect. If not, you will be put in a virtual waiting room until do
Learn how to connect with your provider for a video visit through this instructional video.