The Cohen Center for Pediatric Comprehensive Care
The Cohen Center for Pediatric Comprehensive Care is dedicated to providing outstanding, affordable health care for children from birth to 21 years of age in New York City and throughout the tri-state area. We understand the challenges of raising healthy, happy kids today, and we work with you to meet that challenge – and enjoy the experience together.
A part of one of the nation’s top clinical care, teaching, and research hospitals, the Cohen Center for Pediatric Comprehensive Care provides comprehensive care with an emphasis on prevention. Care is provided by pediatric residents and doctors who are sensitive to cultural diversity. This includes newborn exams, well-child visits, vaccinations, school-entry and sports physicals, and routine vision and hearing screenings. It also includes care when your child is ill or has a chronic illness. If necessary, we are able to make timely referrals to dozens of pediatric specialty and sub-specialty services within Mount Sinai.
We also offer to a wide variety of other programs and services aimed at promoting the health and well-being of children, families, and the community. These services range from reading, asthma, obesity, and lead poisoning programs to legal advocacy and mental health services.
We offer the following services:
- Anemia screening
- Breastfeeding support
- Child abuse evaluations and related clinical services
- Chronic disease management, including treatment for asthma, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol
- Comprehensive school entry and sports physicals
- Developmental assessments
- Lead exposure screening
- Legal advocacy services
- Mental health and social work services
- Nutritional screening
- Obesity screening and management, including the JUMP Program for adolescents
- Routine health care
- Routine vision and hearing screening
- Sick- and well-child care
Meet the Team
Our specialists offer state-of-the-art, compassionate care for your child and family.
- Lisa Boguski-Filgueira, MD, Medical Director, The Cohen Center for Pediatric Comprehensive Care
- Kecia Carroll, MD, MPH, Division Chief of the Division of General Pediatrics
- Erica Brody, MD
- Joel Forman, MD
- Maida Galvez, MD, MPH
- Allison Gault, MD
- Linda (Wing Wah) Ho, MD
- Cynthia Katz, MD
- Leora Mogilner, MD
- Carolyn Rosen, MD
- Kathryn Scharbach, MD, MS
- Nita Vangeepuram, MD
- Susan Zylbert, MD
Translation services are available for all non-English speaking patients and visually and/or hearing impaired patients.
We offer a sliding-scale fee.
We accept Medicaid and Medicare as well as some private insurance plans. To verify that your insurance is accepted, please call us at: 212-659-8559.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, 8:30 am – 7 pm
Tuesday, Thursday 8:30 am – 8 pm
Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm
Saturday, 10:30 am – 3 pm
We are closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Telephone Triage Nurse
If your child is an enrolled patient, a triage nurse is available by phone Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm at 212-659-8559 (follow prompt for triage nurse’s line).