Safety and Efficacy of bb2121 (Ide-cel) Combinations in Multiple Myeloma
Age: 18 years - 66+
Healthy Subjects: No
Study Phase: Phase 1/Phase 2
Recruitment Status: Recruiting
Start Date: June 01, 2021
End Date: April 20, 2026
Inclusion Criteria: Participants must satisfy the following criteria to be enrolled in the study:
- Participant has documented diagnosis of MM and measurable disease, defined as:
1. M-protein (serum protein electrophoresis [sPEP] or urine protein electrophoresis [uPEP]): sPEP ≥ 0.5 g/dL or uPEP ≥ 200 mg/24 hours and/or
2. Light chain MM without measurable disease in the serum or urine: Serum immunoglobulin free light chain ≥ 10 mg/dL (100 mg/L) and abnormal serum immunoglobulin kappa lambda free light chain ratio
- Participant has received:
1. at least 3 prior MM regimens for Arm A Cohort 1 and Arm B
2. at least 1 but no greater than 3 prior MM regimens for Arm A Cohort 2 and Arm C.
- Arm A Cohort 1 and Arm B: Participant has received prior treatment with an immunomodulatory agent, a proteasome inhibitor and an anti-CD38 antibody-containing regimen for at least 2 consecutive cycles.
- Arm A Cohort 2 and Arm C: Participant has received prior treatment with an immunomodulatory agent for at least 2 consecutive cycles.
- Evidence of PD during or within 6 months (measured from the last dose of any drug within the regimen) of completing treatment with the last antimyeloma regimen before study entry.
- Participant achieved a response (minimal response [MR] or better) to at least 1 prior treatment regimen.
- Participant has an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 or 1.
Exclusion Criteria: The presence of any of the following will exclude a participant from enrollment:
- Participant has non-secretory MM or has history of or active plasma cell leukemia, Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia, POEMS syndrome (polyneuropathy, organomegaly, endocrinopathy, monoclonal protein, and skin changes) or amyloidosis.
- Participant has any of the following laboratory abnormalities:
1. ANC and Platelets count as reported below
2. Hemoglobin < 8 g/dL (< 4.9 mmol/L) (transfusion is not permitted within 21 days of screening)
3. Creatinine clearance (CrCl) as reported below
4. Corrected serum calcium > 13.5 mg/dL (> 3.4 mmol/L)
5. Serum aspartate aminotransferase (AST) or alanine aminotransferase (ALT) > 2.5 ×upper limit of normal (ULN)
6. Serum total bilirubin > 1.5 × ULN or > 3.0 mg/dL for participants with documented Gilbert's syndrome
7. International normalized ratio (INR) or activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) 1.5 × ULN, or history of Grade ≥ 2 hemorrhage within 30 days, or participant requires ongoing treatment with chronic, therapeutic dosing of anticoagulants (eg, warfarin, low molecular weight heparin, Factor Xa inhibitors)
- Participant has inadequate pulmonary function defined as oxygen saturation (SaO2) < 92% on room air.
- Participant has known chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) with a forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV1) 50% of predicted normal.
- Prior exposure to CC-220 (± low-dose dexamethasone) as part of their most recent antimyeloma treatment regimen (Arm A).
- Prior exposure to, BMS-986405 (JSMD194) (Arm B).
- Prior exposure to DARA in combination with POM with or without dexamethasone (DP±d) as part of their most recent antimyeloma treatment regimen (Arm C Cohort 1).
- Prior exposure to POM in combination with BTZ with or without dexamethasone (PV± d as part of their most recent antimyeloma treatment regimen (Arm C Cohort 2).
- Previous history of an allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, treatment with any gene therapy-based therapeutic for cancer, investigational cellular therapy for cancer or BCMA targeted therapy.
- Treatment Arm A Cohort 1 and Arm B: participant has received autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) within 12 weeks prior to leukapheresis.
- Treatment Arms A Cohort 2 and Arm C: participant has received autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) within 12 months prior to leukapheresis.