Mobile Health Application (PACT) to Improve Engagement in Advance Care Planning
Age: 18 years - 66+
Healthy Subjects: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Study Phase: N/A
Recruitment Status: Recruiting
Start Date: June 04, 2022
End Date: December 31, 2025
- PATIENT: Diagnosis of poor prognosis advanced cancer defined as locally advanced or metastatic cancer (e.g., pancreaticobiliary, esophagogastric, hepatocellular carcinoma, lung, or gynecological cancer) and/or disease progression following at least first line chemotherapy.
- PATIENT: Access to a mobile device; the principal investigator (PI) will ensure that those who have access to a mobile device have access to a mobile device with internet access to ensure they can complete study procedures.
- PATIENT: The ability to provide informed consent.
- PATIENT: Identification of and enrollment a loved one/informal caregiver.
- CAREGIVER: The person (family member or friend) whom the patient indicates being an informal caregiver.
- CAREGIVER: English speaking.
- CAREGIVER: 18 years of age or older.
- CAREGIVER: Able to provide informed consent.
- PROVIDER: Current clinical practice and/or research with advanced cancer patients.
- PROVIDER: A history of 3+ years working with advanced cancer patients.
- PROVIDER: 18 years of age or older. Providers across disciplines (e.g., social work, oncology) will be enrolled.
- PATIENT: Not fluent in English.
- PATIENT: Severely cognitively impaired (as measured by Short Portable Mental Status Questionnaire scores of >= 6 to be delivered by trained study research staff during screening).
- PATIENT: Too ill or weak to complete the interviews (as judged by the interviewer).
- PATIENT: Currently receiving hospice at the time of enrollment.
- PATIENT: Children and young adults under age 18.