Defining the Basis of Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD)
Age: 18 years - 66+
Healthy Subjects: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Recruitment Status: Recruiting
Start Date: October 01, 2013
End Date: December 01, 2019
Jeffrey Olin, DO
- Patients of any age and freely willing to participate. For patients < 18 years of age consent will be via parents.
- Fluency in either English or Spanish.
- Signed, informed consent
- For FMD, SCAD or CvAD subjects
- a clinical diagnosis of FMD, SCAD or CvAD with fulfillment of standard diagnostic criteria.
- For healthy controls
- no clinical features of FMD, SCAD or CvAD and absence of any major ongoing systemic disease including any condition requiring hospitalization, immune suppression, intravenous or injected medications or that result in functional impairment in the performance of activities of daily living. Healthy controls will be matched to enrolled FMD patients on the basis of gender and approximate age (within a 5 year window of another FMD subject).
- Patients who have co-morbidities which reduces life expectancy to one year.
- Patients with any solid organ or hematological transplantation, or those in whom transplantation is considered.
- Active autoimmune disease.
- Illicit drug use.
- HIV positive.
- Prior malignancy.
- Any other form of vascular disease, including other arteriopathy coronary artery disease or peripheral vascular disease
- Family history of arteriopathy other than FMD, SCAD or CvAD (e.g. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome)