Mount Sinai's Pain Management and Integrative Medicine practice offers a wide range of traditional and complementary therapies. We provide everything from spinal cord stimulation to medical acupuncture. We work with the doctors who sent you to us to address your pain and the underlying cause. We use the following diagnostic and treatment services.
- Electrodiagnostic studies include electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies (NCS).
- Complementary therapies encompass medical acupuncture, cupping, and gua sha.
- Interventional pain procedures under X-ray guidance comprise epidural steroid injections, medial branch blocks, and radiofrequency nerve ablations.
- Muscle and joint injections under ultrasound guidance relieve conditions ranging from neck pain to tennis elbow.
- Peripheral nerve stimulation controls pain resulting from trauma or problems with your peripheral nerves.
- Spinal cord stimulation alleviates chronic pain in the arms, legs, or back without medication or major surgery.