LEAP – Liver Education and Action Program
Mount Sinai Liver Disease and Action Program (LEAP) is a team of patient navigators, care coordinators, a behavioral health specialist, and peers dedicated to helping persons living with hepatitis C virus (HCV). Our goal is to enable you to receive medical care and complete treatment. We tailor our HCV care to your needs and preferences.
Services We Provide
We provide a range of services including:
- Accompaniment to appointments as needed
- Appointment reminders
- Check-ins throughout treatment and beyond
- HCV and liver health education
- Help with scheduling liver appointments at Mount Sinai clinics across New York City
- Outreach and follow-up
- Pharmacy and insurance coordination
- Referrals to help overcome barriers to care (insurance, transportation, housing, primary care, etc.)
Hepatitis C can be cured. We’ll be there with you, every step of the way!
Program Manager: Anna Mageras, MPH
Medical Director: Ponni Perumalswami, MD