Jaffe Food Allergy Institute
Thank you for your interest in the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute, Division of Allergy and Immunology in the Department of Pediatrics at Icahn School of Medicine.
Below you will find important instructions concerning your appointment. We have also provided a questionnaire and diet sheet to be completed before the visit. Please read these materials carefully before your visit. Please print and fill out completely. The questionnaire and diary may be faxed to our office, brought in on the date of this visit, or returned to us at our mailing address.
Prior to your visit, please make sure your child has stopped taking antihistamine medications (ALSO FOUND IN MOST ALLERGY AND COLD REMEDIES) as follows:
- Benadryl, Diphenhydramine, Chlorpheniramine, Brompheniramine – 4 days prior to visit
- Atarax, Zyrtec, Claritin, Clarinex, Hydroxyzine, Allegra, Rynatan, Vistaril – 1 week prior to visit
- Doxepin, Periactin – 10 days prior to visit
Antibiotics, asthma medication, and nose sprays may be continued as usual.
IF YOU CANNOT DISCONTINUE THE MEDICATION OR INADVERTENTLY TOOK THEM, YOU SHOULD STILL KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENT.
NOTE: If you must cancel this appointment, please notify us at least 48 hours in advance at 212-241-5548. There is a $25 charge for all appointments cancelled less than 24 hours.
On the day of your visit: Please make every possible effort to arrive on time. If you are late for your appointment, we cannot guarantee that you will be seen, due to the large volume of patients. Also please be advised that if you cancel your appointment you may have to be rescheduled for our next available appointment, which may result in a several month delay.
On the day of your visit, please bring the following items:
- The patient questionnaire.
- Insurance card and completed forms, if necessary.
- Completed HMO/PPO authorization/referral form(s).
- Complete name, address and phone number of your referring physician and pediatrician.