Vaccine Questions and Concerns
There is a lot of information out there about the COVID-19 vaccines. At Mount Sinai, we want you to be aware of all of the information available so that you are able to make an informed decision about being vaccinated. You might have heard something that sounds questionable and want to know if it’s true or not. You can look up information in NewsGuard’s report on the top COVID-19 vaccine myths.
Vaccine Information Articles
Mount Sinai has researched COVID-19 and the vaccines so everyone can have all available information. Please read some of the COVID-19 information contained in these articles.
Social Media Personal Stories
Many Mount Sinai employees have shared their experiences with the COVID-19 vaccine across social media. Read their testimonials about receiving the vaccine below:
- Lauren McNoble, PA-C, a physician assistant in neurosurgery at Mount Sinai Morningside, received the first dose of her COVID-19 vaccine while eight months pregnant!
- Sandra Cabrera, a support associate at The Mount Sinai Hospital Endoscopy Center, shares why she got her COVID-19 vaccine.
- At 35 weeks pregnant Dr. Julia Eicher, a resident in Family Medicine, received dose two of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Roopa Kohli-Seth, MD, Director of the Institute for Critical Care Medicine, received the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Dorothy Adams, an associate in The Mount Sinai Hospital Medical Intensive Care Unit, (ICU) received her COVID-19 vaccine.
- Althea Reid, a patient care associate on a behavioral health units at Mount Sinai Beth Israel, received her COVID-19 vaccine because she wants to do her part to help this pandemic come to an end.
- Luis Coello, a security guard at Mount Sinai Beth Israel, shares why he decided to take the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Best friends Beth Mella and Jenna Morgan, ICU nurses at Mount Sinai Morningside, share their vaccination story.
- Jason Feinman, MD, shares his story.
- Residents from the front lines of the fight against COVID-19 to receive the coronavirus vaccine.
- Matthew Carr, MD, a neurosurgery resident, shares why he is thankful to get the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Mehrin Islam, MD, Emergency Medicine Resident, received a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Corey Pigott, a registrar in the emergency room at The Mount Sinai Hospital, share why he got vaccinated.
- The first Frontline Heroes at Mount Sinai South Nassau received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Christopher Strother, MD, at the Mount Sinai Emergency Medicine, shares his reason for getting vaccinated.
- Jamie Piekarski, NP, was one of the first Mount Sinai Beth Israel employee to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Derek Mohammed, one of the transporters at Mount Sinai Beth Israel gives his reason why he received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Michele Miller, BSN, RN, CNOR, at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai shares her thoughts about the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Jeanette Robles, Patient Coordinator at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai, shares why she got vaccinated.
- George Wanna, MD, Chair of the Department of Otolaryngology at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai and Mount Sinai Beth Israel, was among the first employees to receive the vaccine.
Frequently Asked Questions
For general information regarding the COVID-19 vaccines, please see a full list of COVID-19 vaccine FAQs on our Vaccine Information page.