Become a Volunteer at Mount Sinai Hospital
Please note the following:
- The minimum age for volunteering is 15 and may be higher for some placements.
- Prospective volunteers must call the Department of Volunteer Services for an interview appointment. The Department provides volunteers with required application materials, which include letter of recommendation and medical clearance forms. Volunteer candidates ages 15 – 17 receive additional materials.
- The minimum required hours are: four consecutive hours per week for six months (100 hours). For summer placements, required hours are: 10 hours per week for eight weeks (80 hours). Time commitment may vary with placement.
- All volunteer service areas provide orientation, training and supervision.
- It typically takes 2-4 weeks, from the time of the interview, to complete the registration process. Thank you for your interest in becoming an integral part of Mount Sinai's team.
- Applicants with non-immigrant visa status (including but not limited to H-1's, H-4's, TN's, TD's, F-1's, F-2's, J-1's, J-2's, and EAD holders) are not permitted to volunteer (this does not apply to US citizens or green card holders.) Please contact International Personnel at firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative options.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Mount Sinai volunteer. We hope to welcome you into our volunteer corps in the near future.
Individuals who wish to volunteer only during the summer months are encouraged to apply early in the calendar year. Summer placements last between four and eight weeks. The minimum age remains 15. Clinical Research, Laboratory Research (listed under Student Research) have specific application deadlines.
Department of Volunteer Services
One Gustave L. Levy Place
New York, NY 10029
For Registered Volunteers