Audit & Compliance Services Department
It is the mission of the Mount Sinai Audit & Compliance Services Department to ensure that the Institution upholds its commitment to legal and ethical conduct by all faculty and staff. In support of this mission, the Boards of Trustees have approved the Mount Sinai Compliance Program, which sets forth the following principal activities of the Department:
- Maintain and update the Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (the Code)
- Centralize the efforts to help prevent and detect illegal and unethical behavior and to establish appropriate discipline for violations of the Code.
- Identify regulatory and other risks and provide advice and direction to Senior Management and Staff on mitigation of such risks.
- Establish compliance awareness and responsibility in every employee through compliance training.
- Monitor activities to ensure that the compliance policies are effective and recommend corrective action when necessary