The Mount Sinai Hospital provides a wide range of services and resources to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Before you check in
Please consider the following services before your arrival.
- Financial assistance. The Mount Sinai Hospital offers financial assistance to patients who do not have private insurance and who do not qualify for government programs. Eligibility is based on income and assets. For more information, contact Patient Financial Services at (212) 731-3100 or (866) 682-9380 or visit our Charity Care Policy.
- Private duty nursing. Mount Sinai will provide a private duty nurse at your request. The fee for this service is determined through a contract between the nurse and your family. The Private Duty Nursing Office is located in the Guggenheim Pavilion, MC Level, Room 209, down the hall from the Emergency Room. The office is open 7 am to 11 pm, seven days a week. For more information, call 212-241-7383.
- Services for the hearing- and visually impaired. Sign language interpreters and Telecommunication Devices for the Deaf (TDD) are available through the Mount Sinai Language Assistance Program. Call 212-241-2700 for more information. Large-type and talking books with earphones are available through the Patients' Library at 212-241-6110. The New York State Patients' Bill of Rights is available in Braille as well as in English and Spanish on closed-circuit television.
- Child Life Program. The Child Life Program helps young patients cope with the anxieties associated with illness. The program offers activities tailored to ease their fears and reduce the emotional and physical effects of their illness through play, art, reading programs, school, and socializing with peers. For information on the Child Life Program, call 212-241-6797.
- Services for international and non-English speaking patients. Mount Sinai's International Consultation Program makes the same high standard of care available to patients living outside of the United States. For more information about this program, call 212-241-1100 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Mount Sinai provides interpreter services for patients and caregivers in need of language assistance. For more information, contact the Language Assistance Program at 212-241-2700, or the Patient Service Center at 212-659-8990 between 9 am and 5 pm.
Services available at check-in
For telephone and television service during your stay, please make your request during the admissions process.
During your stay
Mount Sinai offers you the opportunity to purchase newspapers, borrow books and audiotapes, and have your hair styled while a guest at the Hospital. We also offer patient representatives to address any concerns you may have about your treatment.
- Beautician services. Hair and nail care are available by appointment at 212-241-5570.
- Patients' library. To request books, audio cassettes, and large-print and talking books in English or other languages, please call our Patients' Library at 212-241-6110.
- Newspapers. Newspapers are available for sale every morning on inpatient floors. For more information, call 212-241-2679.
- Notary. Notary services are available at no charge Monday through Friday, 10:30 am to 4 pm, by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call the Patient Service Center at 212-659-8990.
- Patient representative services. Patient representatives are available to:
- Answer questions about hospital policy and procedures
- Provide information about the New York State health care proxy and patients' rights
- Assist patients and family members with care issues that other Mount Sinai staff are unable to answer
Patients may speak to a representative by calling 212-659-8990. Outpatients should call 212-241-6848. Patient representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.