- ASSISTANT CLINICAL PROFESSOR | Orthopaedics
- Spine Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Indian (Hindi)
- Urdu (Pakistan)
- Hospital Affiliations
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai Queens
- Minimally Invasive Treatment Strategies for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Mount Sinai Medical Center 2009
- Operative Treatment of Low Back Pain—University of California, San Diego 2007
- Adult Degenerative Scoliosis—San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders 2008
- Cervical Spine Trauma—San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders 2007
- Complications in Spine Surgery—San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders 2007
- The Aging Spine—San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders 2008
- Opthalmologic Complications Associated with Prone Positioning—San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders 2008
- Sagittal Imbalance Disorders—San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders 2007
- Spinal Infections and Tumors—San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders 2008
- Thoracolumbar Fractures—San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders 2007
- Spinal Cord Injury—San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders 2008
- Congenital Kyphosis—San Diego Children’s Hospital 2008
- Spine Trauma and Revision Spine Surgery—Hartford Hospital 2006
- Treatment Strategies in Thromboembolic Disease—Hartford Hospital 2005
- Revision Totat Hip Arthroplasty—Hartford Hospital 2006
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Herniated Disk
- Low Back Pain
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
BA, UNDERGRADUATE SCHOOL, Cornell University, College of Arts and Science
MD, MEDICAL SCHOOL- University of Maryland
MD, University of Maryland
Internship, SURGERY INTERNSHIP- University of Connecticut
Residency, ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY RESIDENCY- University of Connecticut
Fellowship, SPORTS MEDICINE/ARTHROSCOPY FELLOWSHIP- Orthopaedic Sports Specialists
Fellowship, SPINAL SURGERY FELLOWSHIP- San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders
Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery
University of Connecticut
English, French, Indian (Hindi), Spanish, Urdu (Pakistan)
Cardioprotection by Ischemic Preconditioning(Peter Verdou, PhD., Mirella A. vanden Doul, Vikas V. Varma)
Treatment of Adult Isthmic Spondylolisthesis with Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion(Richard E. Manos, M.D., Vikas Varma, M.D.)**in progress
Factors Affecting Blood Loss in Posterior Spinal Fusion for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis(Jeffery D. Thomsopn, M.D., Vikas V. Varma, M.D.)
Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion(XLIF) Safely Improves Segmental and Global Deformity in Large Adult Lumbar Scoliosis(Behrooz A. Akbarnia, M.D., Vikas V. Varma, M.D.)
Abdominal Wall Hernia Repair(Nelson H. Goldberg, M.D., Paul Manson, M.D., John Girotto, M.D., Vikas V. Varma, M.D.)
Percutaneous Screw Fixation of Proximal Humerus Fractures(Walter A. Eglseder, M.D., Laith Jazrawi, M.D., Vikas V. Varma, M.D.)
Comparison of Treatment of Adult Isthmic Spondylolisthesis and Adult Degenerative Spondylolisthesis with Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion(Richard E. Manos, M.D., Vikas V. Varma, M.D.)
Identification, Characterization, and Analysis of Genetic Mutations in Osteosarcoma in a Mouse Model(Marc F. Hansen, PhD., Vikas V. Varma, M.D.)**Graduation thesis
Molecular and Functional Characterization of a Calcium-sensistive Chloride Channel in Mouse Lung(Benedicht U. Pauli, D.V.M., PhD, Renu Gandhi, PhD, Vikas V. Varma)
Browner BD MD, Alberta FG MD, Furey PC MD, Goumas D MD, Varma VV MD. Chapter 21. In: Emergent Care of Musculoskeletal Injuries. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery, 17th edition.;.
Bess RA MD, Varma VV MD. Spine Embryology—Growing Spine: Management of Spinal Disorders in Young Children.
Pawelek J, Varma VV MD. Evaluation of Patients With Early Onset Scoliosis—Growing Spine: Management of Spinal Disorders in Young Children.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Varma is not currently required to report Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.