- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Ophthalmology
MD, Columbia Univ. Col. of Phy. & Surg.
Residency, Internal Medicine
Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Ctr.
Kellogg Eye Center
Fellowship, Vitreoretinal Surg.
New England Medical Center
- Robin N. Ginsburg, M.D. is the Director of the Vitreoretinal Service, Assistant Professor of the Department of Ophthalmology at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. She received her undergraduate degree from Wesleyan University and her medical degree from College of Physician and Surgeons of Columbia University. Upon completing an internship in Internal Medicine at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, Dr. Ginsburg completed her ophthalmology residency at the Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan Hospitals. She continued her fellowship in Vitreoretinal disease and surgery at the New England Eye Center of Tufts University School of Medicine. In 1993, she joined the faculty at the Mount Sinai Medical Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine. She is also the Director of the Retina Service at Elmhurst City Hospital.
Dr. Ginsburg's clinical practice focuses on the medical and surgical treatment of vitreoretinal diseases, including diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration, retinal vascular and inflammatory diseases, retinopathy of prematurity and trauma. Dr. Ginsburg invests significant time in explanations to patients and their families, answering their questions and providing them with clear treatment recommendations and careful, follow-up. She also collaborates with patients in trying to obtain their visual and life-style goals giving them the latest information about treatment options.
She is actively involved in the training of medical students, residents and fellows at both Mount Sinai Medical Center and Elmhurst City Hospital. She has and continues to collaborate with other departments such as Infectious Disease, Rehabilitation Medicine and Cardiology in multi-disciplinary studies assessing pharmacologic agents on various disease states. Dr. Ginsburg is a member of a number of professional societies including the American Society of Retina Specialists, American Academy of Ophthalmology and the Vitreous Society.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Ginsburg did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2015 and/or 2016: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
17 East 102nd Street
New York, NY 10029
- Tuesday 8:30am - 3:30pm
- 1199 National Benefit Fund
- Aetna U.S. Healthcare
- Anthem Health
- CHUBB Health
- CIGNA Healthcare HMO
- Devon Health Services
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Group Health Insurance, Inc.
- Health Insurance Plan (HIP)
- HealthPlus, Inc.
- Healthnet-Empire BCBS
- MediChoice, Inc.
- Medicare Assignment
- Metropolitan Life
- MultiPlan, Inc.
- Oxford Health Plans
- Physicians Health Services
- Prem Preferred Care/Beechstreet
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Prudential Healthcare: a member company of Aetna
- United Healthcare
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check