- PROFESSOR Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
- PROFESSOR Otolaryngology
American Board of Internal Medicine
- Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma (ACC)
- Clinical Trials
- Gum Cancer
- HPV Related Oropharynx, Tongue Or Tonsil Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Merkel Cell Tumors
- Mouth Cancer
- Nasal Cavity Cancer
- Nasopharyngeal Cancer (NPC)
- Oral Cavity Cancer
- Oropharynx Cancer
- Paranasal Sinus Cancer
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH)
- Pharynx Cancer
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Salivaery Ductal Carcinoma (SDC)
- Salivary Gland Tumors
- Sinus Cancer
- Skull Base Tumors
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Throat Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Tumors
- Tonsil Cancer
MD, Tufts University
Residency, Internal Medicine
Boston City Hospital
Fellowship, Medical Oncology
Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Dr. Marshall Posner is a Professor of Medicine and Director of the Human Monoclonal Antibody Laboratory in the Department of Cell and Gene Therapy at Mount Sinai School of Medicine. He is also Medical Director of the Head and Neck Oncology Center at the Mount Sinai Medical Center, and Medical Director of the Clinical Trials Office for the Tisch Cancer Institute. Dr. Posner has been an advocate for clinical research and multi-disciplinary care in head and neck cancer. He has and continues to participate in international symposia and on planning committees devoted to advancing clinical care and directing clinical research in head and neck cancer.
He is a current or past member of the editorial boards of many journals, including the Journal of Clinical Oncology, Annals of Oncology, Oral Oncology, The Oncologist, and Head and Neck, and he serves as an ad hoc reviewer for, among others, The New England Journal of Medicine. Dr. Posner has been a member of the National Institutes of Health Review Committees for the NIH Inter-Institute Program and the Specialized Programs of Research Excellence in Human Cancer, Head & Neck Cancer, and of the National Cancer Institute's Special Emphasis Panel for phase II Contracts. He has published over 190 peer-reviewed basic laboratory and clinical studies, as well as multiple reviews and abstracts.
In the News:
Dr. Posner discusses HPV-related oral cancer in the New York Times.
Dr. Posner discusses the warning signs of oral cancer and what to watch out for on the Katie Couric show.
The ASCO Post features Dr. Posner discussing "Challenges, Progress, and Future Directions in Head and Neck Cancer" (March 1, 2012)
Dr. Marshall Posner discusses the link between HPV and oropharyngeal cancers in The Daily News feature The Daily Check Up.
Ninth Warton Visiting Professor, Prince Margaret Hospital
Tisch Award for Clinical Research, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society
HPV and Human Oropharyngeal CancerTranslational studies to understand the biology and immunology of HPV related oropharyngeal cancer in order to inform therapeutic and preventative therapies in this disease.
Clinical Studies in Head and Neck CancerDevelopment of curative therapeutics for patients with HPV positive and negative head and neck cancer, through clinical trials, drug development and translational studies using conventional chemotherapy, novel biotherapeutics vaccines and gene therapies.
- Phase II multicenter randomized, double blind, placebo controlled study assessing the efficacy of buparlisib (BKM120) plus paclitaxel vs. placebo plus paclitaxel in patients with platinum pre-treated recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma
- A Randomized Phase III Clinical Trial Comparing Reduced and Standard Radiation Therapy Doses for Locally Advanced HPV 16 Positive Oropharynx Cancer
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Posner during 2013 and/or 2014. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- CEL-SCI; Eisai Inc.; OXiGENE, Inc.; Oncolytics Biotech Inc.
Equity (Stock or stock options valued at greater than 5% ownership of a publicly traded company or equity of any value in a privately held company)
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
1470 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
- Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check