- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Psychiatry
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder And Attention Deficit Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Exposure-Response Prevention
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Specific Phobias
- Tourette Syndrome
Children's Hospital Boston
Fellowship, Clinical Psychology
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Dr. Rojas joined the Department of Psychiatry in September 2011. Her clinical interests include the evaluation and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults with obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders and anxiety disorders. Her clinical research has focused on evidence-based treatments for pediatric OCD and tic disorders, parent-child interventions, and the role of acculturation in the mental health of Hispanic youth. She is trained in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), Habit Reversal Training (HRT), Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), and Mindfulness. She has received specialty training in Behavior Therapy (BTTI certification) from the International OCD Foundation. Dr. Rojas has provided clinical services in schools, community, and hospital settings, including telehealth modalities such as telephone coaching and internet-delivered treatment. Dr. Rojas received her undergraduate degree, master’s degree and doctoral degree from the University of South Florida. She was awarded numerous scholarships and fellowships during her graduate training, including the prestigious Ford Foundation Diversity Predoctoral Fellowship from the National Academies of Science. She completed an American Psychological Association accredited internship in Clinical Child and Pediatric Psychology at Children’s Hospital Boston/Harvard Medical School. She completed her postdoctoral training at the Mount Sinai Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders Treatment Center. Presently, she is a licensed psychologist in the Division of Tic, Obsessive-Compulsive, and Related Disorders program in the Department of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. In her position, she provides outpatient services to patients and conducts research under the OCD, Tic and Tourette's, and Pediatric Mood and Anxiety Disorders programs.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Rojas-Cifredo did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2014 and/or 2015: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) physicians - including those employed by MSHS - do not always participate in the same health plans in which MSHS hospitals or facilities participate.
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page or obtained by contacting this provider directly.
Insurance plans that the Mount Sinai Health System hospitals or facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
1240 Park Avenue Floor Beh Science Unit Room 1
New York, NY 10029