Child Life & Creative Arts Therapy
A stay in the hospital can be unsettling no matter how old you are. For children, medical procedures, unfamiliar surroundings and new faces can be particularly stressful. Child Life & Creative Arts Therapy at Kravis Children's Hospital helps young patients cope with their fears and anxieties by offering therapeutic activities tailored to meet their social, emotional, and educational needs. We offer familiar experiences such as play, art, school, and socializing with peers to help young patients understand and cope more effectively with the often-overwhelming world of the hospital.
Staff at Child Life & Creative Arts Therapy at Mount Sinai, are committed to achieving these goals:
- Minimize anxiety and stress experienced by children, adolescents, and families in the medical setting Enhance the young patient's emotional, social, physical, and cognitive growth in the context of his/her family, culture, and stage of development
- Support parents and encourage their participation in their child's healthcare
- Enhance understanding of medical experiences for children and families
- Help children maintain a sense of security during an illness or surgery
- Help children and families continue everyday living experiences as much as possible
Arrange for a Family Tour
We encourage parents to contact the Child Life Program before their child's admission into the hospital. Arrangements are made routinely for parents and children to tour the Kravis Children's Hospital facilities, meet child life personnel, and ask any questions about programs and services.
Child Life & Creative Arts Therapy provides many services to help ease the adjustment of to his or her experience during their stay at Kravis Children's Hospital at Mount Sinai.
For information or to arrange a tour:
|Like us on Facebook|
|Follow us on Twitter|
Lady Antebellum performs for patients on KidZone TV.Find out more
Future stars of the NFL paid a visit to pediatric patients at The Zone.Find out more