One intimate space. A distinguished care team.
To schedule an appointment, please call 212-731-7570.
Mount Sinai Chelsea is world-class care that’s only minutes from your home or work. When you enter our treatment center, the atmosphere more closely resembles a boutique hotel than a cancer center—it’s welcoming, intimate, and comforting.
The specialists at Mount Sinai Chelsea have extensive experience in screening, diagnosing, and treating various types of breast cancer. We understand how difficult a breast cancer diagnosis can be, and our staff is there to help you, providing compassionate and personalized care through every stage of your journey to wellness.
If you want to understand more about your condition, we have a library on site and offer various classes that can help. We also provide other distinctive support services.
Nationally Recognized Expertise
As a nationally recognized teaching medical institution, we offer the most advanced treatments for our patients with breast cancer. Innovative health care includes access to clinical trials at Mount Sinai Chelsea or through the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Mount Sinai Chelsea physicians are all on the faculty at the Icahn School of Medicine, so you have access to the resources of The Tisch Cancer Institute at The Mount Sinai Hospital, a National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center, which offers a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatments as well as clinical breakthroughs that may one day put an end to cancer.
At Mount Sinai Chelsea, our multidisciplinary breast care team includes:
- Breast surgeons
- Genetic counselors
- Medical oncologists
- Plastic surgeons
- Radiation oncologists
- Support service providers
We encourage you to contact us if you have received a breast cancer diagnosis, have received concerning results from a screening, or you need a second opinion.
Our staff will schedule your appointment as quickly as possible.
We are more than breast cancer specialists. Our doctors have extensive experience in treating various benign breast conditions, including:
- Benign breast masses
- Breast infections
- Breast pain
- Enlarged lymph nodes (axillary lymphadenopathy)
- Nipple discharge or lesions, and thickening
Your breast health is our primary concern. Various tests and procedures can help assure we make an accurate diagnosis, including:
- Clinical breast examination—physical exam
- Imaging—technologies such as mammography, computerized tomography (CT) scanning, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), X-rays, ultrasound testing, positron emissions tomography (PET) scanning, and breast molecular imaging
- Digital tomosynthesis—advanced imaging that creates three-dimensional images of the breast
- Fine needle aspiration—biopsy that collects tissue for testing
- Image-guided breast biopsy—biopsy that uses imaging to guide collection of tissue for testing
- Sentinel node biopsy—removal of affected lymph nodes for testing
- Axillary lymph node dissection—removal of one or more lymph nodes for testing, typically to gather additional information after a sentinel node biopsy
- Genetic counseling—evaluates family history or other factors that may indicate a BRCA gene mutation as a risk for breast cancer
- Bone density testing—measures chemotherapy’s possible impact on bone strength
Treatments We Offer
If you receive a breast cancer diagnosis, we have a team of specialists that can help design a treatment plan that works for you. Our team approach ensures that you will receive the most innovative and effective treatments possible.
Your treatment options at Mount Sinai Chelsea include:
- Outpatient surgery
- Medical oncology, including chemotherapy
- Outpatient breast reconstruction
- Radiation oncology
- Opportunities to participate in groundbreaking clinical trials
Our state-of-the-art facility offers you a comfortable environment with a wide range of support services and wellness programs to help you throughout your treatment and recovery.
We have support services specifically designed to help if you are receiving chemotherapy treatments, including:
- Cold cap therapy to reduce or avoid hair loss
- Cosmetic sessions
- And many more support services for cancer patients