At Mount Sinai Chelsea, we invite you to explore the many free support services we offer to you as part of your health care regimen. Discover new life skills through creative and practical experiences designed to nurture you in body, mind, and spirit.
In addition to the expert, compassionate cancer care you receive from our doctors, your Mount Sinai team includes highly skilled and caring nurses, counselors, and therapists whose sole purpose is to offer you the kind of support that boosts your morale, helps you cope, and encourages you to thrive.
Choose what appeals to you, and enjoy new activities, new friends, and new ideas. We offer the following menu of empowerment and support and wellness programs at Mount Sinai Chelsea.
- Art therapy—Our artist-in-residence helps everyone discover their own creative resources and have fun in waiting areas and in the infusion suite. It can also help you relax and maintain a positive attitude.
- Coffee Talk—Women with cancer discuss their experiences in a supportive setting.
- Cook for Your Life—You will learn to cook healthful foods and get positive nutritional tips and recipes.
- Guided imagery during chemotherapy—Our mindfulness expert offers individual, guided imagery that uses words or music to help you stay calm during infusion therapy.
- Journaling Workshop—Write your thoughts in a journal, which can be both creative and therapeutic.
- Latina SHARE—Estos grupos son facilitados por voluntarios etrenadas quienes han tenido una experiencia similar. Comparta informacion, experiencias, sentimientos y estrategias para aceptar y combatir aspetos negativos de la enfermedad. (English translation: Trained volunteers who have had a similar experience facilitate these groups. Share information, experiences, feelings, and strategies to help you cope.)
- Legal Health (NYLAG) Clinic—Lawyers are available to provide guidance on health-related legal matters.
- Massage therapy—Therapeutic massage can decrease stress and anxiety, depression, pain, fatigue, muscle tension, and nausea.
- Meditation—Meditate in a group or with a therapist to focus your thoughts and calm your mind.
- Moving for Life—This gentle form of dance helps you deal with some of the routine aches and pains that come with cancer treatment.
- Qi Gong/T’ai Chi Chih®—These Eastern traditions encompass meditation and gentle movement that you can do at any level of physical ability to focus on developing your inner energy.
- Sexuality and Intimacy Workshop—Led by a social worker, this workshop is for women in treatment and after treatment.
- Survivorship Lecture Series/Preparation of Life-Planning Documents—This is a discussion about various life-planning documents and includes a question-and-answer period.
- Vocal Ensemble/Sing with Us—We encourage singers of all levels to sing and enjoy their voices; this group is open to anyone affected by cancer, including patients, survivors, and caregivers.
- Yoga—This gentle form of exercise combines visualization with stretching to help you relax and revitalize.
For specific days, times, and more information about these programs, which are offered free of charge to our patients, refer to this calendar of support services