About Our Orthopaedic Services
Located in New York City, The Mount Sinai Hospital offers comprehensive care for every musculoskeletal disorder. Our expert orthopaedic doctors and surgeons are experienced in the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic technologies in all orthopedic subspecialties, as well as general orthopaedics. Our Department of Orthopaedics is at the forefront of minimally invasive orthopaedic surgery. Patients treated with minimally invasive surgery generally experience less postoperative pain, reduced scarring, and a faster return to normal activities.
Exceptional in Orthopaedic Surgery
The Mount Sinai Orthopaedic Surgery Program offers exceptional surgical expertise in:
- Disc herniations and spinal disorders for both children and adults
- Joint replacement surgery of the hip, knee, and shoulder including minimally invasive techniques, anterior hip replacement surgery, partial knee replacement and revision joint replacement
- Tumors of the musculoskeletal system both bone and soft tissue
- Shoulder and elbow surgery including rotator cuff disease and shoulder replacement
- Pediatric orthopaedic disorders including congenital and acquired childhood disorders
- Sports medicine disorders of the upper and lower extremity
Outpatient Orthopaedic Services
Mount Sinai's leadership in bone, joint, and spinal care is exemplified by our specialized services. For patients with spinal disorders and patients considering joint replacement surgery, we offer “Back School” and “Total Joint Class.” These offer patients one-on-one conversations with members of the treatment team such as physical therapists, anesthesiologists, social workers, physician assistants and nurse practitioners so that every question of concern to our patients is answered by an appropriate person.
Cutting edge treatment techniques are routinely applied to all our patients. These arise through both clinical as well as extensive orthopaedic research sources. Our orthopaedic research lab investigates both clinical and basic science issues to help solve the problems of orthopaedic diseases and bone and soft tissue healing. We are also exploring innovative surgical techniques to maximize patients’ mobility and outcomes.
Orthopaedic Care at All Life Stages
Because every patient has unique needs, we carefully tailor each treatment plan to the individual. Our goal remains the same for everyone, though — to eliminate or minimize pain and restore the highest level of function and independence possible for each patient.
Tel: 800-MD-SINAI (800-637-4624)
For billing questions, please call 212-241-1643
Learn how Mount Sinai's orthopaedic surgeons are pioneering new minimally invasive, more precise procedures.Read More