Preparing for Childbirth
Parents-to-be share common fears and concerns regarding pregnancy, labor and delivery, and parenting. The Childbirth Education course demystifies the labor and birthing experience through:
- Discussion of pregnancy, labor, and delivery
- Discussion of cesarean birth
- Presentation of breathing and relaxation techniques for maintaining control during labor and delivery
- Discussion of analgesia and anesthesia options for labor and delivery
- A tour of maternity facilities at The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Videos and other audio-visual aids
During your pregnancy, you will receive notice from your Obstetrician’s office to complete The Mount Sinai Hospital's Pre-Admission Questionnaire. Please fully complete the form to ensure that your pre-registration can be processed in a timely and accurate manner prior to your delivery. Any missing information may cause a delay in the registration process.
General Class Information
- The mother-to-be should be accompanied by the individual who will be her support person during labor and delivery.
- Both mother-to-be and support person should attend all classes. Please wear comfortable clothes to class.
- All childbirth classes are taught by certified Childbirth Educators and Lactation Consultants.
Make checks or money orders are payable to: The Mount Sinai Hospital (Parent Education Class), or you may pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
e-learning Childbirth Education Program
Mount Sinai offers an online e-learning program which includes childbirth preparation, breastfeeding and essentials of newborn care. Prepare for your delivery at Mount Sinai Hospital in the privacy of your home with this innovative, comprehensive online program. Click here to learn more or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Mount Sinai Women &
1176 Fifth Avenue
(between 98th and 99th Streets)
New York, NY 10029