Preparing for Childbirth
To schedule a tour, please contact Michele Reinbach at 212.241.7491 or e-mail email@example.com.
Parents-to-be share common fears and concerns regarding pregnancy, labor and delivery, and parenting. The Childbirth Education/Lamaze course demystifies the labor and birthing experience through:
- Discussion of pregnancy, labor, and delivery
- Discussion of cesarean birth
- Presentation of breathing and relaxation techniques for maintaining control during labor and delivery
- Discussion of analgesia and anesthesia options for labor and delivery
- A tour of maternity facilities at The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Videos and other audio-visual aids
General Class Information
- The mother-to-be should be accompanied by the individual who will be her support person during labor and delivery.
- Both mother-to-be and support person should attend all classes. Please wear comfortable clothes to class.
- All childbirth classes are taught by Registered Nurses who have been certified as Childbirth Educators and Lactation Consultants.
Make checks or money orders are payable to: The Mount Sinai Hospital (Parent Education Class), or you may pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
The Kravis Children's Hospital
One Gustave Levy Place
New York, NY 10029-6574
Private Room Rates [PDF]
Maternity Tour Slideshow [PDF]
Download and view the maternity tour to find out more about our Labor & Delivery floor, the Postpartum floors, and Nursery.