Preparing for Childbirth
Parents-to-be share common fears and concerns regarding pregnancy, labor and delivery, and parenting. The Childbirth Education course demystifies the labor and birthing experience through:
- Discussion of pregnancy, labor, and delivery
- Discussion of cesarean birth
- Presentation of breathing and relaxation techniques for maintaining control during labor and delivery
- Discussion of analgesia and anesthesia options for labor and delivery
- A tour of maternity facilities at The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Videos and other audio-visual aids
During your pregnancy, you will receive notice from your Obstetrician’s office to complete The Mount Sinai Hospital's Pre-Admission Questionnaire. Please fully complete the form to ensure that your pre-registration can be processed in a timely and accurate manner prior to your delivery. Any missing information may cause a delay in the registration process.
Delivering Your Baby: Questions & Answers
We understand being able to plan ahead is a high priority for our expectant parents. Therefore, we encourage you to review a list of commonly asked questions and answers about delivering your baby at The Mount Sinai Hospital. For further information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Class Information
- The mother-to-be should be accompanied by the individual who will be her support person during labor and delivery.
- Both mother-to-be and support person should attend all classes. Please wear comfortable clothes to class.
- All childbirth classes are taught by certified Childbirth Educators and Lactation Consultants.
e-learning Childbirth Education Program
Mount Sinai offers an online e-learning program which includes childbirth preparation, breastfeeding and essentials of newborn care. Prepare for your delivery at Mount Sinai Hospital in the privacy of your home with this innovative, comprehensive online program. Click here to learn more or email email@example.com for more information!
eBook "The Gift of Motherhood" in Español
Mount Sinai offers an eBook in Spanish "el regalo de la maternidad" to provide our Spanish speaking population with knowledge about childbirth preparation, breastfeeding, and caring for your newborn. Prepare for the delivery of your baby by reading this eBook. Learn more