Our pediatric gastroenterologists are experts in the care of infants, children and teens with digestive disorders. In addition to seeing patients, our pediatric gastroenterologists are involved in clinical and laboratory research. This expertise allows them to offer families the latest in diagnostic and treatment options.
We use a family-centered, multidisciplinary approach to treat and manage:
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Celiac disease
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Common problems such as irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, chronic or recurring abdominal pain and allergic gastrointestinal disorders
To learn more about these or other digestive disorders, visit our Health Library.
For the 2013-2014 of edition its "Best Children's Hospitals" report, U.S. News & World Report ranks Kravis Children's Hospital at Mount Sinai among the nation’s best in Pediatric Gastroenterology, attesting to the strength of our commitment to excellence in care.
Services We Offer
We offer the following services to young patients and their families:
- Pediatric Endoscopy: outfitted with advanced optics and first-rate visualization systems for rapid, accurate and pain-free examinations of the digestive tract and adjacent organs
- Children's IBD Center: provides innovative and comprehensive care to young patients with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Consultation service for second opinions
- A multidisciplinary approach with access to a dietician, social worker, Child Life specialist, psychologist, and nurse practitioner
- Support and education programs for patients and their families coping with inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis) through the Children’s IBD Center
- Gastrointestinal diagnostic imaging: state-of-the-art imaging services with a designated pediatric area in the Radiology Imaging Center at Mount Sinai
For information or to make an appointment: