Breast Imaging Services
The Dubin Breast Center offers comprehensive breast imaging services that include state-of-the-art, low-dose digital mammography such as 3D mammography (tomosynthesis), and high-resolution breast ultrasound. Minimally invasive procedures, including biopsies, are performed daily at the Dubin Breast Center using ultrasound and mammographic guidance and stereotactic techniques. Breast MRI services are coordinated through Mount Sinais Radiology Associates.
The Dubin Breast Center's breast imaging facility provides patient-focused care in a warm environment designed for comfort and privacy. Patients may get their results in the privacy of a consult room. The center was designed with the patient in mind; ultrasound rooms, for example, are equipped with music systems and specially designed examination tables. Patient navigators are available to guide patients throughout the Center. Some patients requiring routine breast screenings may also be referred to the Center for Advanced Medicine, where state-of-the-art imaging studies are performed in an expedited fashion.
Types of Breast Imaging Exams
Our comprehensive services include a full range of state-of-the-art procedures, including the following:
- Mammography: A mammogram is an x-ray exam of the breast. It can be performed for women with no symptoms to screen for possible abnormalities, and for women with symptoms to help diagnose a suspected problem.
- Breast Ultrasound: A breast ultrasound evaluates problems that may be found in a physical exam or during a screening or diagnostic mammogram.
- Breast MRI: MRI scans use magnets and radio waves (as opposed to x-rays) to produce clear, highly detailed images of breast tissue.
Nuclear Medicine Exams
- Bone Scan: A bone scan detects areas of abnormal bone growth due to tumors, fractures, or infection, and may be ordered when there is suspicion that a breast cancer has spread.
- Multiple-gated acquisition (MUGA): A MUGA scan evaluates how well your heart pumps and moves blood around your body. It is usually performed before chemotherapy, and may be repeated through the course of chemotherapy treatment.
- PET/CT: PET/CT is a sensitive scan that takes 3D images of your body to help detect cancer metastases (areas where breast cancer may have spread).
To call for an appointment or for more information:
855-TO-DUBIN (863-8246) or 212-241-3300
The Mount Sinai Hospital
1176 5th Avenue
New York, New York