Kids with IBD
Pediatric IBD Center at Mount Sinai
At the Feinstein IBD Center, children with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis are never treated like small adults. Our mission is to provide comprehensive, family-centered care to young patients with IBD and create a better understanding of the disease through research and education.
Why Choose Mount Sinai Pediatric IBD Center?
Children with inflammatory bowel disease have specific needs that require a team approach to managing them. In addition to coping with a chronic illness, issues such as nutrition and growth are among the special concerns of families of young patients. Here at the Pediatric IBD Center, we have tailored a multifaceted approach to address all aspects of your child's condition. The Pediatric IBD Center at Mount Sinai provides a coordinated team approach from:
- Nationally recognized authorities in the treatment of IBD
- An award-winning nursing staff
- Experienced nutritionists, child life professionals and social workers
- Clinical and laboratory researchers investigating causes and treatments for inflammatory bowel disease
No matter how seriously your child is affected, our focus remains the same: to develop a personalized treatment plan to help the young patient with IBD lead a normal, productive life.
In addition to clinical care, we make education and support programs available to young patients and their families. On designated afternoons and evenings, the Pediatric IBD Center presents lectures, discussion and support groups to encourage patients and families to gather and share ideas.
Services Provided by the Pediatric IBD Center
- Medical consultation
- Nutritional consultation
- State-of-the-art diagnostics
- Educational seminars
- Lectures, discussions and support groups
- Counseling and support services
- Bone densitometry
- Clinical research