At Mount Sinai, we offer comprehensive, individualized treatment plans for patients with all types and stages of cancer. Cancer care at Mount Sinai reflects a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach, grounded in outstanding patient clinical care and research.
Our specialists across a variety of disciplines give patients the best possible cancer care across a variety from medical, surgical, and radiation treatments, to a full range of palliative care, integrative services, physical therapy, psychological and social services. Cutting-edge cancer research at The Tisch Cancer Institute and a broad spectrum of clinical trials provides our patients access to the latest treatments.
Extraordinary specialists in every field treat our patients throughout the course of their care whether patients experience another medical condition, require specialized follow-up, or want to preserve fertility during treatment. Fully integrated care is available at various Mount Sinai locations.
Types of treatments we offer:
- Surgery: From HIPEC that combines surgery and chemotherapy to MOHS micrographic surgery, Mount Sinai’s skilled surgeons offer minimally invasive techniques using the latest technologies in oncological surgery.
- Medical Oncology: We offer patients chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and biotherapy in our state-of-the-art infusion suites.
- Infusion Therapy Cancer Treatment at Mount Sinai, Watch Video.
Expert medical oncologists who are specially trained to treat your specific type of cancer supervise your treatment. Our medical oncologists meet with you and your family to determine an individualized treatment plan using medicines to treat malignant (cancerous) cells. Your care team then monitors your progress throughout the course of treatment, adjusting your medication as needed.
At Mount Sinai, our medical oncologists work with a team of professionals to give you personalized care that is supportive, well rounded, and convenient. They also participate in clinical trials and drug research, making leading edge therapies available to our patients.
- Radiation Oncology: Our Department of Radiation Oncology uses treatments such as radioactive seed implantation and stereotactic external-beam radiation, and is the only site in New York City (and only one of four in New York state) using Novalis shaped beam radiosurgery.
- Radiation Oncology Treatment at Mount Sinai, Watch Video.
- Bone marrow transplantation: Our Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) program is one of the largest and longest-running BMT programs in the New York City area, providing approximately 200 transplants a year.
- Other innovative therapies: Patients are often able to receive breakthrough therapies according to their individual needs and diagnoses. The Tisch Cancer Institute offers a wide range of cancer clinical trials that can provide access to the latest cancer therapies. To learn more about available clinical trials, please visit our Clinical Research and Clinical Trials page.