The Mount Sinai Stroke Center is pioneering new approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of stroke that can significantly improve patient chances for an optimal recovery. The Center, which includes both a patient care and a research component, brings together the expertise of specialists in many different areas to provide our patients with the benefit of a collaborative team approach. The team includes vascular neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, emergency medicine and rehabilitation specialists, nutritionists, social workers and case managers, and a dedicated clinical nursing staff.
Advances in Care
Several treatments are now available to treat strokes within just a few hours of the onset of acute stroke symptoms.
The Mount Sinai Health System offers advanced treatment for stroke, including:
- Intravenous clot-busting medications for acute stroke
- Delivery of clot-busting medications directly to the affected cerebral vessel using neuroendovascular techniques
- Mechanical extraction of the blood clot that is occluding the cerebral vessel
- Carotid endarterectomy and carotid and intracranial stenting for treatment of carotid and cerebral artery stenosis
- A specialized neurocritical care unit with state-of-the-art monitoring for post-procedure care
- Ongoing evaluation and management of stroke patients in a dedicated, state-of-the art acute stroke unit
Tel: 800-MD-SINAI (800-637-4624)
For billing questions, please call 212-987-3100
The Mount Sinai Stroke Support Group meets two Tuesdays each month from 11:15 am until 12:15 pm. To enroll or for additional information, please contact:
Laura Schoch, CTRS
Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Center