Heart Failure Treatments
After a heart failure diagnosis, Mount Sinai's multidisciplinary heart failure team works together to design a comprehensive, personalized treatment plan for each patient to improve and closely manage his or her heart's overall function.
At Mount Sinai, we offer the full spectrum of clinical services for heart failure. After a thorough medical history, physical exam, and clear diagnosis of heart failure often medication and lifestyle modifications are the primary treatments to control heart failure symptoms and slow the progression of the disease. However, if the disease progresses our experts may explore other advanced treatment options.
Treatment options include:
- Lifestyle Modification
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT)
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Total Artificial Heart Implantation
- Heart Transplantation